Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR PERFORMANCE: Website Promotion, Marketing and Growth > Search Engine Marketing & Optimization
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2003, 06:38 AM   #1
AllFreeGuide

Post ExactSeek Teams with Alexa new ranking algorithm

Hello everyone,

I was sent this email via a list im on which gives me information on SE news etc etc thought id share it with who havent yet seen or heard of this new ranking algorithm...

It seems that Alexa will be using there traffic stats in the ranking process, I read someplace that Alexa is somewhat out of date with the information they display and that the traffic rank can be forged somehow with the use of there tool bar? I have no idea wether these are true or false but seems the SE's are looking to gain lost ground they google is eating up...

ExactSeek Teams with Alexa Internet
ExactSeek and Alexa Internet have partnered to introduce a completely unique site ranking algorithm. All web site listings in the ExactSeek database will
now be ranked on the basis of content relevancy and Alexa traffic data.

How Will This Affect Your ExactSeek Listing?

Your site will be re-ranked on a monthly basis.
Popular sites will be ranked higher in ExactSeek's search results.
Your ExactSeek site ranking will rise with your Alexa ranking.

The good news is that the more traffic you receive, regardless of the source - advertising, linking campaigns, site optimization, etc. - the better your site ranking will be within ExactSeek's search results.

Since Alexa site ranking numbers will be a significant factor in determining your ExactSeek ranking, we strongly recommend that you download the Alexa toolbar to track your site's weekly and monthly popularity status.

Changes To The ExactSeek Database
The introduction of the new ranking algorithm mentioned above, as well as a host of other new features, has made it necessary for us to overhaul our entire database structure. In the process, some websites previously listed may have been removed and recent site submissions not yet added.

To check your website listing, search any keyword or keyword phrase in your
site name or description at our Advanced Search page. To re-submit your site, visit our Add URL page.

Alexa Traffic Detail Buttons
In the next few days a clickable Alexa icon will appear next to all Exactseek search result listings. When clicked the icon will bring up a window with detailed Alexa traffic data, including traffic rank, traffic trends, related links and more. Alexa icons are already in use at Best-SearchEngine.com, OnSeek.com and SitesOnDisplay.com.

ExactSeek Has Acquired 3 Web Search Engines
ExactSeek has acquired 3 web search engines - SitesOnDisplay.com, OnSeek.com
and MaxPromo.com. The first two have been brought into the ExactSeek fold and the third will added by the end of October. All three will carry ExactSeek Featured Listings. With this acquisition, ExactSeek results will be carried
by a total of six search engines, delivering millions of monthly search results.

If you haven't thought about purchasing a Featured Listing, now is the time. Your Ad Box will appear on 5 search engines now and 6 in a few weeks. Buy today and receive up to $35 in bonuses.

Coming Soon to ExactSeek

Membership ID's: You will soon be able to modify your site listing anytime you choose simply by logging in with your Member ID.

Easy Ways to Boost Your Site Ranking:
by making ExactSeek your browser start page.

by reading SiteProNews, the Net's most widely read webmaster newsletter.

Still Available at ExactSeek

Site Ranking Tool: ExactSeek will continue to track the top 10,000 site rankings for all keywords in its database, allowing you to find your site ranking in seconds for any keyword related to your website.

Do-It-Yourself Site Recrawls: We recrawl all sites once/month, but you can schedule a recrawl of your site once/week.
AllFreeGuide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 12:14 AM   #2
jessebhunt

Default Does Anyone Even Get Traffic from ExactSeek?

Does anyone even get traffic from there? I have several websites that place well on ExactSeek, but I don't really notice any traffic coming from there.

I don't think I had even heard of ExactSeek until I signed up for the Site Pro News newsletter.

Does anyone get enough traffic from ExactSeek to be worth our time talking about it?

Jesse
jessebhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 12:25 AM   #3
cheznoir
Member.

All this is, is a push to get people to download exact seeks amazon/alexa toolbar. I would bet $50 that Alexa has no formal agreement with them and this is nothing but a sneaky way to pitch the download of the toolbar.

More junk from the SE world.

Chet
cheznoir is offline   Reply With Quote