Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR FOUNDATION: Web Hosting & Domains > Web Hosting Discussion
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2003, 09:37 AM   #1
dRD

Default Rackshack's prices with a privanet option?

Our traffic requirements are rather hilarious for most people, but we consume over 3TB external traffic a month and over 800GB of internal traffic (db queries) a month. Obviously this is relatively cheap as we run our servers at Rackshack -- 700GB of monthly traffic per box for ~$100/month is not bad.

But, almost similiar deals are available from other ISPs as well, so I was just wondering would there be any ISPs out there that can provide 100MBps connected boxes with ~400GB/month or more that could be relatively cheaply built so that they are interconnected to each other (read: normally two NICs or some other method) -- at RackShack we spend 800GB for internal traffic between our app. servers and db servers and RS charges same price for that as it does for external traffic.

Also, in many other ways would the "privanet" be rather good -- load-balancing, etc would be much easier to build using LVS and similiar solutions.

Ideas?
dRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 01:52 PM   #2
Furton

As I've just linked to in another thread, nocster.com offer 1000GB servers for $100 a month and are fully managed with CPAnel at silly prices
Furton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 03:28 PM   #3
dRD

But do they offer what I was looking for? For pure bandwidth, I wont change -- but if there's a possibility to create semi-private network within multiple servers at same ISP, then I'm interested :-)

But its always good to know that there are options :-)
dRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 04:55 PM   #4
Furton

ask them
Furton is offline   Reply With Quote