Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR CREATION: Building & Maintaining A Web Site > Web Design and Webmaster Issues
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2003, 08:11 PM   #1
ydread

Default site review

We would like to have some feedback on the site http://www.dusestop.com.
We would appreciate if you could check the site and let us know your suggestions for improvement. If you find any links not working or any other problem, let us know. Any help would be appreciated.

thank you.

www.dusestop.com
info@dusestop.com
ydread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 03:40 AM   #2
assass

the site lay-out is way too simple and lacks real originality and creativity imho for a webdesign site...

try and do some more fancy stuff.. with a bit of css and maybe add some flash ..

ow yeah and don't work with Times New Roman on your sites..
and your logo needs some retouching

good luck

Last edited by assass; 04-22-2003 at 03:42 AM.
assass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 06:23 PM   #3
DJ_B

Yup, I agree, much too simple. While simplicity, easy navigation and all that other good stuff makes sense to us webmasters, it's the last thing a prospective client wants to see. They want your site to be annoying as possible with lots of flashy images, sounds, you name it!!(I exagerated a lil bit ).

It sounds like your a fairly young guy who is doing this by himself or maybe with a buddy or two. Don't get too ahead of yourself by having a "request a quote feature". You're most likely not going to be designing any websites for Microsoft or Walmart in the near feature. You're probably going to be designing simple 3-10 page websites for that mom and pop business who wants to be able to say they have a website. Quote a price for projects on your website. Most people wont take the time to fill out a nasty form and wait to receive a quote

I couldn't see a phone number on your site. People like to talk to talk to somebody in person, even if mom and dad answer and have to yell at you to pick up the phone

Check, double check, and triple check for typos. I found one just from the breif glance I took at your site.

This doesn't pertain to your site, but...put an ad in your free classifields paper if you have one. I know a couple people in my community do that and they get pretty good business from this alone.

Check out www.aramas.com. This guy has average designing talent and has made some pretty decent money.
DJ_B is offline   Reply With Quote