Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPA Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2002, 03:47 PM   #1
jkcity

Default amazon.com direct deposit and amazon minimum cheque payment $100

"We're excited to announce a long requested feature-- Direct Deposit as a payment method is now live! Here are the details:

The minimum payment threshold for Direct Deposit payments is only $10.

Direct Deposit payments are secure and instantaneous--reaching your bank account 3-7 days faster than paper checks.

Beginning with Q4 '02 payments, the minimum payment threshold for check payment will be increased from $25 to $100.

Beginning with Q1 '03 payments (sent after March 31, 2003), we will charge an $8 processing fee for all checks sent. There is no charge for Direct Deposit or Amazon.com Gift Certificate payment. The $8 charge does not apply to Associates with billing addresses outside the U.S., because Direct Deposit is not available to them.

Find out more about Direct Deposit, or visit Payment Options to make the switch now. Please note: If you anticipate earning less than $100 this quarter (Q4 '02), you must switch to Direct Deposit or Gift Certificate payment in order to receive your quarterly referral fee earnings."

---------------------------------

This seems to be pretty good from my prespective because I wanted the minimum value raised for cheques raised because it works out cheaper for me in the long run.

It is probably good for american people as well as they can now be payed by direct deposit at only $10

the onlyd ownside is non usa people who don't think they will ever get $100 will have to get gift certificates.

did anyone else almost freak when they read the $8 cheque processing fee lo, until I read the next sentance where it says it does not apply to me.

Now only if they paid in my local currency it would be better.
jkcity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2002, 08:43 PM   #2
Nintendo
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

:::we will charge an $8 processing fee for all checks sent.

bah, some of us, like me, like to actually see the check!!!! Oh well, I can survive, the fee is extremely small compaired to the total amount of the future check.
Old 12-10-2002, 10:31 PM   #3
alteredskate

"Beginning with Q1 '03 payments (sent after March 31, 2003), we will charge an $8 processing fee for all checks sent."

That gives you some time to setup direct deposit if you are able to.

This is actually bad news for me. I'm lucky to see a check every quarter, and now a fair chuck is going to be taken off for a processing fee. (because I'm in Canada and cannot use direct payment).

Maybe I'll start receiving payments as gift certificates. That's too bad though. I'd rather have money and not something from amazon.
alteredskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2002, 11:16 PM   #4
jkcity

"This is actually bad news for me. I'm lucky to see a check every quarter, and now a fair chuck is going to be taken off for a processing fee. (because I'm in Canada and cannot use direct payment)."

read again, the $8 charge is only for USA people as they are the only one's at the momant who can direct deposits, anyone who lives outside the USA will not get charged $8.
Old 12-11-2002, 10:05 AM   #5
alteredskate

Aha. Thanks for pointing that out.
alteredskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2002, 07:22 PM   #6
pdawg

man, i would rather get the check ... hate having to set all that bank stuff up ...

boo, amazon, boo
pdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2002, 08:53 PM   #7
firstmark

Isn't it illogical to charge an $8 fee to issue checks to Americans but offer this service free to non Americans?
It costs more to send a check overseas than within the US so why charge more for something that costs less?
I know the Amazon thinking is that they wish to save money on check processing when possible but it still seems a bit odd.
You would think offering an $8 fee to issue checks from international Amazon programs to Americans in US currency would be the real winner idea, but we don't see it. Amazon won't even introduce a quick fix like paying for International program incomes in gift certificates to the US Amazon.com.
Instead the whole $8 dollars just makes the Amazon affiliate program look more suspect. And Amazon can do this by offering a new improved way to pay associates. Only Amazon can make new features into new problems.

And by the way does anyone know of any UK banks with not so high minimum deposits and no fees for possible use by Americans to use as places to send Amazon UK checks? Thats something I have been researching.
firstmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2002, 10:13 PM   #8
Darryl

Quote:
Isn't it illogical to charge an $8 fee to issue checks to Americans but offer this service free to non Americans?
It costs more to send a check overseas than within the US so why charge more for something that costs less?
It isn't illogical at all.

Amazon is simply trying to move its US affiliates over to direct deposit, which is cheaper and faster for everyone (or nearly everyone, I suppose, since one or two may complain). The $8 charge is just a kick in the butt to get people to switch over. The reason it doesn't apply to international affiliates (such as myself) is because there's nothing to switch over to.
Darryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2002, 12:09 AM   #9
Gracklor

Thumbs up

It's not like it's a hassle to set up the direct depost. With only my checkbook and a few keystrokes, I had everything set up in about 1 minute.

I prefer a direct deposit, though. Checks can--in the area I'm living in--disappear. As it is, I already have most of my big checks (ie, Fastclick, etc) send to a house in a more, uh, secure neighboorhood.
Gracklor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2002, 01:15 AM   #10
jkcity

"I prefer a direct deposit, though. Checks can--in the area I'm living in--disappear. As it is, I already have most of my big checks (ie, Fastclick, etc) send to a house in a more, uh, secure neighboorhood."

hehe it is more secure, I got a check off adlink for 600 and I lost is lol and they never reissued it to me, in fact after that they never sent me any money they owed me but if they had directly deposited I would be still have that money .
Old 12-12-2002, 06:22 PM   #11
njpete

Just a Typical Net company spitting on my cupcake and saying it's frosting
njpete is offline   Reply With Quote