Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2002, 08:14 AM   #1
coBra

Default popuptraffic..com

what can you say about them?
Old 06-27-2002, 08:17 AM   #2
Robert from SI
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

The CEO of the company that owns the program is smart, handsome, and quite a snappy dresser.

You are welcome to ask questions at SICtalks PopUpTraffic forum at http://www.sictalk.com/forum/forumdi...?s=&forumid=13
Old 06-27-2002, 08:38 AM   #3
Czar

Webmaster

Quote:
Originally posted by Robert from SI
...and quite a snappy dresser.
That's not what I've heard...But the rest is pretty close to base.

PopupTraffic is a solid program, which has overcome the recent concerns regarding under-reporting on popunders to return to its status as one of the most lucrative mainstream programs of its type.

Many would argue that FastClick performs marginally better on a revenue/visit basis, but PopupTraffic does give them a run for their money in that regard - and is far less restrictive as far as placement goes. (For example, you may run the same code over multiple domains so long as each site conforms to SI's basic set of terms. Additionally, you are permitted to run both the popup and popunder codes on a single page should you feel that your audience can withstand such.)

It would be hard not to allocate PopupTraffic the #2 spot in their market - especially given the rate-cuts that some of their biggest competitors have been forced to introduce of late.

Definitely worth an application.

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed and Facebook Page to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Old 06-27-2002, 09:49 AM   #4
Daniel_H
Member.

They are very strict about fruad and cheating, which is totally fine (and good) but you really need to check their rules in the TOS before signing up and/or implementing it.

If there are any issues, send them an email to admin@popuptraffic.com
Old 06-27-2002, 10:48 AM   #5
Lil_Red

The biggest drawback is they do not frequency cap the pops which means you serve a lot of pops for free unless you figure out how to implement your own javascript frequency cap.
Old 06-27-2002, 11:01 AM   #6
Robert from SI

The simple javascript to implement a 12 hour hour code is here .

No need to re-invent the wheel.
Old 06-27-2002, 12:16 PM   #7
Mark Wegener

Robert, in the terms it says:

Quote:
*Accounts, webmasters and traffic from the following nations and regions are not allowed, and will not be paid for: All countries currently or formerly known as:

Afghanistan
Albania
Algeria
Andorra
Angola
Armenia
Azerbaijan
Bahrain
Bangladesh
Belarus
Belgium
The Netherlands
etc...
is that for real?

why?
Old 06-27-2002, 12:26 PM   #8
Daniel_H
Member.

the desire for US traffic, once again.

Sad but True

Last edited by Daniel_H; 06-27-2002 at 12:33 PM.
Old 06-27-2002, 12:46 PM   #9
Robert from SI

Webmasters outside the USA are all welcome in all of SI's programs. We have an admin individually check over thier websites before sending them their linking codes. We have left the terms unchanged for legal reasons.

We do, however, not pay for traffic from certain nations that our advertisers have determined to bring less than satisfactory ROI's. This is not our determination, but the advertisers, and since they are the one that cut the checks we have to abide by their wishes.
Old 06-27-2002, 07:37 PM   #10
Ex

Robert, sorry to interrupt here. According to what you say, basically foreign webmaster can actually try applying and see if they are approved before running your programs right?

After reading through your terms, you did specify that ALL webmasters from your list of banned countries would not get paid, to which it implied to me even if we are approved, we won't get paid? I'm from malaysia.

I don't mind if you don't pay for traffic outside USA and CANADA, but people like me have traffic from the US and Canada which have gone unnoticed due to the no-international-webmaster policy since last year. But anyhow, I did signed up for one of your programs just before this.
Old 06-27-2002, 11:52 PM   #11
Just some Webjunky

You guys are very strict, this I know, I would also like to give you guys another shot so I will run this question by you. As it says in your TOS I can run one popup and one popunder per page. I can run a "popunder" from fastclick.com as well a "popup" from your company. Correct?
Old 06-28-2002, 02:36 AM   #12
Daniel_H
Member.

Just some Webjunky >>

Quote:
You guys are very strict, this I know, I would also like to give you guys another shot so I will run this question by you. As it says in your TOS I can run one popup and one popunder per page. I can run a "popunder" from fastclick.com as well a "popup" from your company. Correct?
I think it is exclusivly for Standard Internet, meaning you can have popunders and one popup from them but not one from SI and one from another firm...

Is it making any sense? I am not sure, if it does with my "explanation" above...
Old 06-28-2002, 03:39 AM   #13
ryanw

I think they just do not want their popups grouped in a popup barrage with many others. I seem to remember a few comments from admins that other popups are alright, as long as the webmaster does not go overboard (I'd say more than 2 pops is overboard). I would say just make a post on sictalk or email admin@popuptraffic.com to be sure.
Old 06-28-2002, 06:58 AM   #14
coBra

errrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, am stuck in the middle.
I don't know if i should chose popuptraffic or fastclick
Old 06-28-2002, 07:00 AM   #15
Lil_Red

Between the two, I think Fastclick is the better choice.
Closed Thread