Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2002, 04:05 PM   #1
PistolPete

Default Rydium Pop-Unders

Anyone tried the new Rydium Pop-Unders? If so, how have things been working out?

PistolPete
PistolPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2002, 05:21 PM   #2
Lil_Red

I believe if you do a search on Rydium, you will find a number of dissatisfied webmasters.
Lil_Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2002, 06:25 PM   #3
Anion

I was never paid by these guys, still owed about $3000.
I recommend avoiding them.

Cheers,
Anion
Anion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2002, 06:28 PM   #4
nima

I made 96$ with them back in september and even though their minimum payment is 100$ I got my check for the 96$ about a month ago
nima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2002, 11:33 AM   #5
PCstats
Member.

I know a good chuck of the rydium members and they have all been paid. Our site is Owned by rydium so that does make us bias.

Anion
You should e-mail billing.. I don't know what site you are but all of rydium members and adallies members our up to date with billing.

update-(Just asked billing to look into any outstanding accounts and they said there is none that are late or overdue) So if you think there is you should really e-mail or call to have it sorted out.

Also.. to be clear Rydium members our only tech site

Adallies is where pops are run but this is owned and operated by rydium.

Last edited by PCstats; 06-06-2002 at 11:51 AM.
PCstats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2002, 12:08 PM   #6
Lil_Red

Quote:
Originally posted by PCstats
I know a good chuck of the rydium members and they have all been paid. Our site is Owned by rydium so that does make us bias.

Anion
You should e-mail billing.. I don't know what site you are but all of rydium members and adallies members our up to date with billing.

update-(Just asked billing to look into any outstanding accounts and they said there is none that are late or overdue) So if you think there is you should really e-mail or call to have it sorted out.

Also.. to be clear Rydium members our only tech site

Adallies is where pops are run but this is owned and operated by rydium.
Pcstats,

How are you affiliated with Rydium that you know the payment status on publisher accounts?
Old 06-06-2002, 12:51 PM   #7
PCstats
Member.

It is cleary stated in my first post

"I know a good chuck of the rydium members and they have all been paid. Our site is Owned by rydium so that does make us bias. "

Were are in the same office.. so I just went over and asked.
I don't know their exact accout status but the general question of "is everyone up todate on payments" is what I asked.
Since I talk with the webmasters as "friends" we do chat about payments all the time as we get paid the same time the other sites get paid.

This does make us bias as stated and I recomended that the site e-mail in.. as billing does not know who "Anion" is or of any accounts that our over due.

Last edited by PCstats; 06-06-2002 at 12:55 PM.
Old 06-06-2002, 01:39 PM   #8
Lil_Red

I am going to guess that you are not Marc Thomas who was the point of contact to resolve payment issues with Rydium and is listed as the contact person for Pcstats. Your writing style reminds me of Sam Dennis though.
Old 06-06-2002, 01:46 PM   #9
jnestor

All accounts are not up to date. I'm owed two payments - though I'm assured that the earlier one was to be mailed on Monday.
jnestor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2002, 02:13 PM   #10
Furton

Quote:
Were are in the same office.. so I just went over and asked.
Hardly profesional is it?
Furton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2002, 02:49 PM   #11
PCstats
Member.

I have asked someone at Rydium to become a member here and clear this up. Hoefully that will happen soon
Old 06-06-2002, 03:18 PM   #12
Lil_Red

Rydium already has an account here but they haven't used it in nearly a year.
Old 06-06-2002, 04:19 PM   #13
PCstats
Member.

Default Payment Policy

Hi Guys, it Marc from Rydium.

One of the writes for PCstats told me that there was a little concern about Rydium’s payment policies, so I thought I better try to clear things up.

#1 As has already been mentioned Rydium does have a minimum payment policy, that we ad hear to all most 100% of the time, but we have been know to make payment under $100 when sites are very close to the minimum. We do not close accounts before they reach the minimum.

#2 To insure the continued financial heath of the Rydium we can not make payment on receivable that have not been collected, we do not want to become another Engage Media who had to shut down without ever paying for revenue that sites like your selves worked very hard to earn. This does mean that we are not always able to make revenue payment on time but in this case we do our best to inform sites that payment will be late and that we will have payment to them as soon as we are paid.

As may of our affiliates know I am always willing to answer any questions that they may have about their status of payment or any other revenue related questions, and if any of you do have a specific question about your revenue payment you are welcome to contact me mthomas@rydium.com. I would particularity be interested in hearing from the site who says that we owe them $3000, I can only assume that you have reached your payment date.

Maybe I will see about getting my own account here so I can chat with guys on a more regular bases. Our old account does not seam to let us long in anymore

Marc Thomas

Last edited by PCstats; 06-06-2002 at 04:43 PM.
Old 06-06-2002, 05:45 PM   #14
Dave-AHFB

So the bottom line is that PCStats and Rydium are the SAME company, the same offices, and the same IP, but then again anybody who has followed the rydium ramblings from day 1 already knew that.

Excuse me while I vent now.

Allow me to take a quote and break it down

Quote:
#2 To insure the continued financial heath of the Rydium we can not make payment on receivable that have not been collected
Quote:
we do not want to become another Engage Media who had to shut down without ever paying for revenue that sites like your selves worked very hard to earn.
I have never understood how a company could attempt to make this a positive. Engage ran the business poorly, some webmasters did not get paid, engage shuts down. This is the way it works, and should work in the real world.

What does Rydium say about it? basically... If we write bad business we will not pay you, this enables us to remain open to do it again, why should we suffer for writing bad business when we can pass the buck to webmasters.

where do I sign up

Dave
Dave-AHFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2002, 06:51 PM   #15
Lil_Red

Basically, it would appear that "Marc" is contradicting himself when he says that all accounts have been paid and that there are no outstanding accounts.

Now, he is saying that Rydium has not paid on all accounts, that there are still outstanding accounts.

Since Sam Dennis is the official person for Rydium, maybe Sam should contact Steve to find out how to access Rydium's account and explain these contradictions.