Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR FRIENDS: The geek/talk Community > Technical Questions about geek/talk > Help Me - FAQ - Lost Geek (Read Only)
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2002, 02:48 PM   #1
Steve_S
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Question Why do you sell my geek/talk email address to SPAM KINGS? Explain email DUDE!

The short answer is NO we don't and we never have and never will. Period! Other related questions and or comments we often see:

1. I'm suddenly getting SPAM from my geek/talk email address. YOU DID IT!

2. You probably let others use your geek/talk email list.

3. Steve ***** because he is secretly a SPAM KING.

4. You don't permit free email addresses/domains for new members so you have a better list to sell.

Stuff like that might happen in other Communities but not here. Let's all take a deep breath and perhaps a long walk at the beach and talk about some facts which I hope clarifies the issue.

1. It is impossible for anyone to automatically harvest your email address. ONLY members with posting privileges can view your profile. ALL email between members is handled by geek/talk and does not disclose your email address unless you choose to reply. If you voluntarily post your email address in a thread then you do so at your own risk because folks can and do manually exstract this data.

2. No. Never. Not! Never have. Never will.

3. No. Never. Not! Never have. Never will. I dispise geniune Spam and employ a series of actions to insure that these folks aren't around.

4. This is not true and never has been true. Our procedures for acceptable email addresses are designed to reduce "ABUSE", increase "Quality", insure "civility", and protect you and me. It works very well and was originally deployed in 9/00.

HTH

Last edited by Steve_S; 03-29-2002 at 02:50 PM.
Closed Thread