Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR SALES: geek/Marketplace > Website For Sale - Purchase - Barter - Trade
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2002, 04:40 PM   #1
wolfman

Thumbs up Extremely Profitable Humor Site For Sale

Before I post, I'd like to explain this sale a bit. I'm sure you've all seen tons of cookie cutter humor websites out there that get minimal amounts of traffic and claim huge profits. This site doesn't fit into this category. This site was NOT made for the purpose of selling like many others you see. I'm only interested in serious buyers.

1. Your name?
Nick Hanlon iforwards@yahoo.com

2. URL(s) of site?
http://www.webforwards.com

3. Age of site?
Approximately 2 years

4. Approximate monthly page views and/or unique visitor?
In January I averaged 11,622 unique vistors and 41,818 pageviews a day.
In December I averaged 13,742 uniques and 46,126 pageviews a day(more because of christmas)
In November I averaged 13,477 uniques/45,888 pageviews a day

5. How does site generate income? How much?
This site generates income mainly through 3 programs:
Mailbits.com: approximately 1000 dollars a month
Advertising.com NN: approximately 1200 dollars a month
Fastclick.com: approximately 600 dollars a month

Expenses:
The site has two fees a month. $99 for a dedicated server from Rackshack.net and $125 for list hosting at e-mailpro.com

6. Who administers the site and how much time does it require?
I personally administer the site and it takes only about an hour and half every weekday to update content and send out a newsletter. The more newsletters you send out, the more money you make.

7.What industry/audience does your site serve?
This site serves a very broad audience of humor lovers. Traffic is grown virally through Tell A Friend forms.

8. Is knowledge required of the industry served by your site?
As long as you have some sort of sense of humor you should be fine managing this site.

9. Reason for selling?
Honestly, I'm tired of working on the same site for 2 years. I have recently made a new site which I will be launching shortly and want to focus my attention on that.

10. Will you help with the transition of the site to the new owner?
Absolutely, I will give full support until transition is complete and buyer feels comfortable handling the site.

11. Does the site have an e-zine or newsletter? Number of subscribers?
The site has a newsletter containing 132,762 subscribers as I write this. Some were purchased using co-regs but most have signed up throuh my website.

12. Asking price for the site?
The lowest price I would ever consider selling this site for would be 10,000 USD. I'm not looking to unload this site quickly so please, only serious bidders who are willing to pay at least this amount contact me. I am going to evaluate the best offers over the next month or so and will see if I feel the offers are enough to let go of the site.

*All stats can be backed up with screenshots on request.
wolfman is offline   Reply With Quote