Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2002, 06:34 PM   #1
WebFanatic

Angry Adscholar.com Payments

These guys owe me my check from October and now November. It was suppose to be sent on December 15th. They said that there was mailing error and claim to resend them on Dec 28th. Called Robert on Jan 7th and was told check was sent January 4th. Still no check. Delay and excuse after delay and excuse with these people. I decided to give them another call.

They always paid me in the past but not without a little effort on my part. (Many emails and phone calls)

Now they have someone screening their calls before you can speak to the person who handles the Publishers side of things (Robert Morris).

Me: "Could I speak to Robert Morris"
Secretary "Who is this?"
Me: "*My Name*"
Secretary "What is this regarding?"
Me:"I need to speak to him, its none of your business"
Secretary" Are you a publisher or advertiser?"
Me:"Publisher"
Secretary"Hold on a second"
*pause*
Secretary:" Im sorry he's unavailable right now"

This has happened in the past when I tried to call the other guy who handles publishers (Jamie Palmer). The only time I was able to speak to him was when I actually yelled at the secretary to put him on.

Has anyone else received this kind of treatment from them?

I find that only "questionable" companies practice this kind of telephone ettiquette. They basically tell their secretaries to do this so they will not have to deal with their publishers one on one. I find that gutless. Hiding behind a monitor.

Anyways, im just waiting for payment via paypal and I have that contract sitting in front of me that they signed that states that all payments for ads served will be due 45 days after the end of the month.

Its actually not that much money but no one plays games like this with me and ill take this far if I have too.

How has your personal experiences been with this company?

Last edited by WebFanatic; 01-15-2002 at 06:38 PM.
WebFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2002, 10:50 PM   #2
Czar

Webmaster

Default Re: Adscholar.com Payments

Quote:
Originally posted by WebFanatic
Secretary" Are you a publisher or advertiser?"
Me:"Publisher"
Secretary"Hold on a second"
*pause*
Secretary:" Im sorry he's unavailable right now"
I normally wouldn't advocate lying, but next time, you might like to claim that you're an advertiser - or a prospective advertiser. That should get you through the door quick-smart.

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed and Facebook Page to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 08:38 AM   #3
Lil_Red

I wouldn't count on them paying. We're still owed money from last summer and have sent the account to a collections agency.
Lil_Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 06:07 PM   #4
WebFanatic

Arrow

Well I got paid today for October and November via paypal.

Lil Red,

I suggest you get in contact with them immediately. That should be unacceptable to you.

I know it would be for me...

Good luck.
WebFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 07:10 PM   #5
Lil_Red

They don't return phone calls or email so we sent their account to a collections agent.

It should never be necessary to hound an "ad network" for payment.
Lil_Red is offline   Reply With Quote