Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR CREATION: Building & Maintaining A Web Site > Web Design and Webmaster Issues
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2001, 12:16 AM   #1
zboca

Default NexAds Site Review

Please any comments..

Content has not been placed on this part of site yet. Notice the menu's above. Site is still in the works, but would like a review as of now..

Note:
I am not designing this site, but would like review

As always, thanks...

NexAds

Last edited by zboca; 12-13-2001 at 12:17 AM.
zboca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2001, 12:54 AM   #2
dezevo
Member.

Wow! That;s a nice site. Looks very professional, and I love the Flash design.

One suggestion I'll make is that on the top menu, whenever I click on something like "products" - it opens up the new part of subcategories - which is all super cool and cooly done but I noticed that you can't click on anythign else such as "advertisers" or "NexAds" or "Publishers" unless you close the category by clicking on it. Lots of people are gonna take a whiel to figure it out - if they do.

Please tell me you know what I'm talking about!

Another thing would be to slightly make the delay shorter on the top nav bar loading.

Last edited by dezevo; 12-13-2001 at 12:59 AM.
dezevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2001, 01:06 AM   #3
Jan

Administrator

Yeah I agree with all of the above!

Took me a while to figure out to how to close each menu too, but once I had the knack I played with it for a while.

But how many will have the patience to stick around to work it out? Your designer might need to think about that a bit. If I was visiting a page out of the blue like that and couldn't click the next menu, I would have closed the browser.

But apart from that, it is a very snazzy looking design!
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2001, 01:15 AM   #4
zboca

Dezevo, Jan,

I see what you two are talking about. I went ahead and emailed designer about that. We should see an update soon in /zak/6/.

Thanks for the positive feedback.

More comments/suggestions would greatly be appreciated..
Old 12-13-2001, 01:13 PM   #5
zboca

Smile

Czar,

I always like to hear your suggestions.
Old 01-03-2002, 05:04 AM   #6
zboca

Dezevo Jan,

Updated

That is the newest version of the site. As you can see they have corrected the menus.

Great suggestion... Thanks

Last edited by zboca; 01-03-2002 at 05:05 AM.
Old 01-03-2002, 05:19 AM   #7
Jan

Administrator

Thumbs up

Much better!
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2002, 08:07 AM   #8
Czar

Webmaster

Hey Zak,

Apologies, it seems that this thread somehow managed to pass under my radar when it first appeared, but the site is indeed looking very snazzy in its latest incarnation.

One very minor criticism that I have is of the persistency of the highlights within the Flash nav bar. That is, when the cursor passes over one of the menu options, and then proceeds down without clicking, the last option that it has passed remains highlighted, which may give the impression that it's been mistakingly clicked.

The other question that I have, while unrelated to this thread, pertains to the future of your Out of the Box format. Has the hand of your competitor come crashing down yet in the wake of their successful trademark applications?:
http://www.geekvillage.com/forums/sh...hlight=unicast

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed and Facebook Page to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2002, 04:16 PM   #9
zboca

Czar,

No problem at all.

Unicast will not be our major competitor; however, we do offer pre-loaded insterstitials, but the OTB platform is our floating ad. We had a small problem a few months ago with the Unicast deal, but we have found how our platform differs from Unicasts patent description.

Our OTB ad is similar to Eyeblasters, but is pre-loaded, compatible with opera,macs, and in several email clients. We definately won't have a problem through Eyeblaster.

I see what you are saying about the nav. bar. I think I will have them correct it after we have launched. I have to launch Monday, so right now I just want it to get completed.

As always, thanks for suggestion/comments Czar...