Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Web publishing business discussion > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2001, 07:38 PM   #1
MarkJH

Default CJ - Effective Xmas gift ads?

Has anybody been using any CJ advertiser Xmas gift ads on their site over the last week or two and seen results?

If so, please let us know what has been working best and what type of ad has been making the most revenue so we can share in the money!
MarkJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2001, 03:47 PM   #2
MarkJH

So, nobody wants to share in any gems they've found in CJ?
Old 12-10-2001, 04:59 PM   #3
MarkJH

Default 125 times read/no posts

Bah, humbug!
Old 12-10-2001, 05:10 PM   #4
mr_innovate
Member.

Effective ads on CJ?

Is this some kind of joke I don't think CJ run any effective ad campaigns, since all the good merchants have moved off to other companies. They should rename it niche-junction(NJ) because only sites with very specific niche markets can make money off CJ (or NJ!) programs.

Regards

mr_innovate

Last edited by mr_innovate; 12-10-2001 at 05:11 PM.
mr_innovate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2001, 05:19 PM   #5
MarkJH

Okay, thanks for that productive answer Mr. I

I've just added a few Genie Mobile ads (UK) to see how they fare. They are doing a few Xmas related deals so it will be interesting to see if that one pans out.

As to my own successes, i've had a fair return with Pushposters over the last week or two. It would seem a lot of people are getting posters for christmas this year!
Old 12-10-2001, 07:11 PM   #6
mr_innovate
Member.

I have had better success with AllPosters. I think that even links to Amazon's games consoles, such as the xBox or Playstation 2 would also do well. I am just a little cynical about CJ's ability to track sales and their merchants ability to pay

Hope you have a profitable christmas.

mr_innovate
mr_innovate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2001, 07:27 PM   #7
emmzee
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

I recently tried running some custom-designed Amazon banner ads for Gameboy Advance as my default 468x60 and 125x125 ads ... (basically the same ones Amazon gives you, just made into static imgs) ... and 350+ clicks = 0 sales. Doh.

Not to say that per-sale ads won't work on some types of sites ... but I've personally never had any luck with 'em unfortunately. I guess when people my site looking for free games they aren't in the mood to buy.
emmzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2001, 01:49 PM   #8
MarkJH

Quote:
I have had better success with AllPosters.
Me too, I often reach 23%+ commission levels each month. It does help that I use their I-Frame of course, far better than any text link could ever be!
Old 12-11-2001, 02:04 PM   #9
david11982

I'll second that. Despite my long drought with Allposters they still pull in more than anything CJ could offer. The clickthrough rate for the individual product links is amazing. On some days I can average 3-4 clickthroughs for every visitor. That would be a click through rate of over 300%. Now it seems that I am starting to convert on a regular basis again, so this program is definately my favorite right now. I usually use it with amazon links, which convert at about the same rate, but usually only give me 5% commission (insert long ramble about how cheap amazon is here). The 2 programs do work well together though, and their links seem more like content than advertisement. And they actually pay and don't back out of every sale by saying it was an invalid CC or "invalid lead" (every time I get one of those I just have to scream ***, it's like they're stealing the money as I'm watching them). CJ and it's merchants could learn a lot from them. Like how to not treat their users like garbage.
david11982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2001, 05:06 PM   #10
safesys

If your traffic is UK based, take a look at
ukaffiliates.com and tradedoubler.com - there are some household name uk merchants there like woolworths and comet.
safesys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2001, 04:54 AM   #11
freebiesforever
Member.

Thumbs up cj ads

I was getting a little bored with sending tons of hits to cj merchants and not paying anything. but I finally did find four effective merchants- gadget universe, megellions, catalog city and best deal magazines.

Always,

Jason

http://www.freebiesforever.com
freebiesforever is offline   Reply With Quote