Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Web publishing business discussion > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2001, 08:35 AM   #1
LastActionHero

Default StandardInternet.info

I found this on SuperMoo's website(Advert.com.kg).

Quote:
StandardInternet.Info
A month after its fairly quiet opening, StandardInternet.Info is still open to the public. Opening a month ago without much press, StandardInternet.info has been set-up for complaints against the company Standard Internet, (http://www.standardinternet.com)
Check out the site StandardInternet.info

What do you think?
Old 12-06-2001, 08:57 AM   #2
Czar

Webmaster

Those who frequent the FreeWebspace.net Ad Revenue forum would be familiar with this site as one created by a member who consistently abused the rules of that forum, being banned from posting on three or four seperate occasions.

The site's value was explored on that forum, with its critics highlighting several weaknesses and inconsistencies present in the site and its conclusions that suggested it has been created by an agenda-driven individual (one who publicly threatened Robert with legal action on FWS) to serve his own purposes, rather than to assist publishers at large.

If the site was located at an address that did not replicate a trademark in a situation that could be interpreted as bad faith (such as sisucks.info or sicomplaints.info), and featured a public forum with balance lended by allowing SI reps input into the resolution of those complaints that were raised, then it would be of value. As it stands, though, it could easily be argued that the site serves no-one except Mr Walsh and his associate from RedRival/AdSense.

FWIW, even those inaccuracies that were pointed out to the creator of the site have not been corrected (ie wrongfully claiming that Mark Welch wrote the Adbility review on SI, after I let the guys know that Mark hasn't touched Adbility for more than a year).

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed and Facebook Page to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Old 12-06-2001, 09:35 AM   #3
Robert from SI
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

I cannot view this site as I get a "forbidden" error message. I would assume that the author or host of the site has banned our IPs from viewing it.

My only comment is that because someone posts a web site ....

...and someone else swears to it on thier web site

...does not mean that it has any validity or credibility.

A search on Yahoo! shows 2400 websites attesting to the fact that Wal-Mart *****. I guess we're in good company.
Old 12-06-2001, 11:16 AM   #4
PWR_Paul_Banker

Flat Earth Society! That site cracked me up. Almost as much as standardinternet.info. That guy is a nut.
Old 12-06-2001, 06:12 PM   #5
Supermoo

As Czar pointed out above, Mr. Walsh was banned for abuse on the FreeWebSpace.Net forums. He then attempted to return with several new usernames (wwalsh, wwalsh2, etc.) , and was banned again and again.

I typically believe my visitors are more than capable of making up their own minds on a large variety of topics, I simply alert them in a (hopefully) un-bias tone the developments in the Advertising Industry.

So, er... this post on my website in no way reflects my opinion of Standard Internet.
Old 12-06-2001, 07:00 PM   #6
click2mo
Member.

Admin review. Snipped amd archived. Your complaint was completed some time ago at:

http://www.geekvillage.com/forums/sh...threadid=14336

That is the end of your issue with this merchant on my BB. As per our Rules, Posting Guide, and instructions. Abuse procedures invoked against both member accounts.

Last edited by Steve_S; 12-06-2001 at 07:57 PM.
Closed Thread