Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Web publishing business discussion > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2001, 05:02 AM   #1
wly

Default BeFree bounced checks

I was surprised when my bank notified me today that checks from Goto.com and Kiss.com have been returned. The reason given was that "Refer to Maker". What does this mean and why did check from such a reputable company bounce? It was surprising that there were no notice whatsoever from Befree. And worst thing is that my bank is going to charge me an additional of $20, ouch. Anyone also experience this? Who should I contact, the merchants or Befree? If Befree what is the e-mail address that I can use?
wly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2001, 05:39 AM   #2
clay
Member.

are you sure it bounced? They may have stopped payment for some reason.
clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2001, 08:18 AM   #3
trabaho

Question Whats the name of your bank?

Hi Wly, thats strange never happened to me before, what bank are you using? Try ABN-AMRO (low maintaning balance) or Citibank, ABN AMRO told me they don't charge for cashing in checks. Stay away from metrobank, unionbank (Phil) and other local banks.
trabaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2001, 09:33 AM   #4
jtx

Here is a pretty long thread discussing this problem:
http://www.revenews.com/opinion/disc...s&message=1291.
jtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2001, 10:55 AM   #5
david11982

I believe there was also another long thread about this on another forum (I can't remember which one). I guess BeFree just switched to a new account after they had mailed out some checks with the old account number. I think they said in an email that people can now redeposit their checks. You should probably contact BeFree for an explanation of the GoTo and Kiss.com thing. I'm sure someone in here knows the email address to use.
david11982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2001, 01:38 PM   #6
LastActionHero

This thread might provide some more information.
LastActionHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2001, 10:58 AM   #7
Sedesrem

Cool Everything was okay

Everything was okay with those checks I got from Goto. As far as I remember they all were issued by Goto, not Befree (q1, q2 checks this year). Do you guys have a delay with payments for Q3? Did anything changed there? Just have no idea.
Sedesrem is offline   Reply With Quote