Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Web publishing business discussion > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2001, 04:53 PM   #1
doudy

Default anyone tried Nail It Advertising !

i just joined nail it advertising i have some questions here !

1- anyone joined them before ?

2- i am doing well with them so did any webmaster here recieved a check from them .

3- shall i use them as my primary ad network as i am generating more than 50,000 impresion per day with a click through of 3.8%

thanks please i need to know urgent do they pay or not !

thanks geeks
doudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2001, 06:39 PM   #2
jnestor

I used them for about 3 month. I made around $30 each month and was paid on time every time. I dropped them since they don't work as a default and I got a low CTR and hence a very low effective CPM. If you can get a decent CTR on their ads and/or can't get into another network I'd say use them. They pay 10 days after the end of the month which is very fast in these days of NET-60.
jnestor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2001, 07:18 PM   #3
doudy

thanks jnestor ! anyone else used them geeks ! ????
Old 11-30-2001, 08:41 PM   #4
Jan

Administrator

There were a few that were going to try them out, but I haven't heard any feedback as yet.

There was a discussion about them a while back. If you use the search tool at the top of the page, you will find those threads.

And welcome!!
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2001, 09:23 PM   #5
doudy

yea i looked at the threads written about them before but still all webmasters just wondering how they do !! but still no feedback !!

thanks jan
Old 12-01-2001, 01:06 PM   #6
Koj-Gysto

I have used them for two weeks now after I was accepted (signed up in the beginning of October so it took them 1 month before accepting my site).

They have been the most succesfull network for me so far after my free hosting and 1$ cpm deal with socceralliance.com was cancelled a couple of months ago (that was seriously a good time!)

I'm making an effective cpm of about 0.5$ with nail it advertising which is quite good these days. However, there's a huge different between my own stats and their stats. According to my stats I get a ctr of about 1% and that should give me an effective cpm of 1$ but I only get about the half. I know they only pay for unique clicks but who do actually click more than 1 banner???

This could be something with default banners but I haven't seen any banners which looks like defaults... Maybe I don't get paid for those 'you have 1 price waiting' and such.

As I just recently started using them I haven't been paid and I haven't reached the 50$ minimum this month so there'll go some time before I see a check. Hope it comes.
Koj-Gysto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2001, 09:10 PM   #7
kryton

I used them and was not paid. You can read about my experience with them here http://www.bootsector.net/nailit.html
kryton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2001, 11:28 PM   #8
doudy

well thanks i will email them asking for that

as i see on their stats my CTR is currently 13% by their measures . so is this considered a good rate on their point of view or what ???
Old 12-02-2001, 03:03 AM   #9
Koj-Gysto

Quote:
Originally posted by doudy
well thanks i will email them asking for that

as i see on their stats my CTR is currently 13% by their measures . so is this considered a good rate on their point of view or what ???
You should notice that the ctr on their stats page is per unique impressions. This means that if you show an average of 10 ads per visitor your real ctr is "only" 1.3%, which still is a good ctr. If you show even more ads per visitor your ctr will be lower but you can't see that in their stats.
Old 12-02-2001, 08:05 AM   #10
doudy

mm i think u got it wrong !

say for exmplae i show about 15 ads to each unique visitor i have !

and i have 1 click each 60 impressinos

by their measures they will count only 4 unique impression and 1 click so my ctr will be about 25 %

isn't it ???
Old 12-02-2001, 03:49 PM   #11
kryton

I averaged 3% by their strange calculations. My CTR spiked to 8% on some days. I also think they didn't count all clicks (but would not trust my own adserver 100%, that I was using at the time.) They said most of my clicks where coming from non-US contries, (50% of my traffic is US). And the advertisers would not pay them because of it, but as far as I could see they were using advertising.com.
Old 12-12-2001, 09:51 PM   #12
souperman

From my experience nailitadvertising doesn't seeem to pay people from outside the US. Every month however amount I
earned it is deleted.

"Yours is a non-United States site.
We determine your payrate according to your website content and traffic. Your site did not perform well for our clients. We should have higher paying banners for your site soon."

And I ran them for 3 months after that, and everytime whatever I earned was just deleted.
souperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2001, 05:27 PM   #13
doudy

well they just deleted my previous month balance !

finally i can say THEY DON'T PAY PUBLISHERS at all !!

i never heared of someone getting paid from them !!

i just want to know is there any legal action we can take with them ???????
Old 12-14-2001, 07:44 PM   #14
Koj-Gysto

Deleted my earnings from last month too... I was actually making a 1% ctr...
Old 12-14-2001, 08:12 PM   #15
kryton

as well as myself, my friend who owns spacesurfer.com was deleted by them as well. Same story as everyone else.