Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Web publishing business discussion > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2001, 07:44 PM   #1
iklik
Member.

Question Need some help with the advertising on my site

Greetings all.

On my site: http://www.iklik-it.com

I have had pathetic returns on my advertising. With CJ, I have made $23 for about 4 months, and close to 75,000 banner impressions (which I don't get paid for).

The only REAL success I have had is with some work at home banners, but those only pay .50 cents per signup, and I have had only around 4-5 of those.

My audience is aged 14-35 or so, mostly male, but a lot of them for some reason don't buy things online, or at least from my banners!

I am currently using webhitsdirect ($.75/raw cpm $2/unique CPM) for my pop-unders, but I would like a pop-under that displays with more campaigns (as there are times when webhitsdirect doesn't have a campaign running).

I just put in focalex's refer a friend email list link on my site, and I am waiting to see the results.

I need any advice anyone is willing to give me. I would love to run CPM banners, but fastclick rejected my site

Any ideas on what kind of programs/banners I should run that will be able to make some cash?

Thanks!
iklik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2001, 08:56 PM   #2
madaweb

iklik
PopupTraffic has a $2.00 popunder program.
madaweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2001, 09:51 PM   #3
iklik
Member.

Do their pop-ups/unders contain any adult content/otherwise inappropriate material? If so, then I cannot put them on. I cannot find info on what kind of ads they run on their site.
iklik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2001, 10:21 PM   #4
firstmark

Popuptraffic has no adult campaigns or anything else that would be questionable. They pay per unique session per day so if you use them you should get the cookie to limit exposure to once per user session per day as it is not provided with the code.
firstmark is offline   Reply With Quote