Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Web publishing business discussion > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2001, 07:24 PM   #1
ebtravis

Default burst, fastclick, advertising.com

I am a member of all of these ad networks. I have been with burst the longest but lately my revenue has dropped to a 1/3 of what it was 2 weeks ago.

anyways I have been using fastclicks pop ups and skyscrapers, but I have also been using advertising.com as a default for my fastclick skyscrapers.

The question is is should I see how advertising.coms popups do compared to fastclicks? or is fastclick still the best pop up network out there?

Also should I start using advertising.com 468x60 banners? Burst is really dissappointing me now and I have read people who get good results with Advertising.com banners.
thanks

Last edited by ebtravis; 11-27-2001 at 07:25 PM.
ebtravis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2001, 07:54 PM   #2
Lil_Red

If you do a search on adv.com, you will find a lot of people end up with mostly CPAs rather than CPM/CPC banners.
Lil_Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2001, 01:04 AM   #3
Even Steven

I was a member of all three networks, though I never put FastClick to much use.

But Burst and Advertising.com both disappointed me. I can't say much for the pop-ups, because I never used them. But for the 468x60 banners, the bottom-line revenue is not what it's cracked up to be.

I ran Burst ads for a year, and I could only generate about $120.00 a month on total impressions of about 2.5 million. Advertising.com was about the same.

Problem is those sites run too many non-targeted ads. They seem to run the ads that visitors don't care to click on.
Even Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2001, 02:07 AM   #4
Gracklor

When comparing 468x60 banners, there is no comparison between Fastclick and Advertising.com. I'm currently running Adv.com as defaults for Fastclick, and I'm glad I have them in that order. I'm making a little over $1 a day via Fastclick (and more than twice that with the popunders). Adv.com is getting about $.60 a day, but that's including the skyscrapers (again, default for FastC).

Lil_Red is right. There are a lot of CPA ads in Adv.com rotation. If you net a sale, they can really pay off, but most of the time you won't see a thing, depending on your audience. While they do seem to pay on time, the amount in your check may not leave you jumping for joy.
Gracklor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2001, 10:49 PM   #5
denasio

Quote:
I'm currently running Adv.com as defaults for Fastclick, and I'm glad I have them in that order.
How did you manage to do this?

I also want to do this but the Adv.com banners require a 8 digit random code or something?
denasio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2001, 11:32 PM   #6
Czar

Webmaster

Use either the Dynamic code, or the code developed specifically for FastClick. Both of these may be found within ACE.

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed and Facebook Page to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote