Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Web publishing business discussion > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2001, 12:27 PM   #1
kryton

Default RmbClick.com

Any good? They emailed me today saying they will pay $4 (honk kong dollars) CPM. They will say they will pay me weekly.

Anyone had any experience with them?
kryton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2001, 01:09 PM   #2
theguy

i tried them afew months ago and realized it's not a company. it's more like 1 guy trying to make it look like a company.
he uses cj.com links. when i got close to making the minum payment they stoped recording hits for me. basically they do not want to pay.

also 4$ (HK) is not much

stay away from this company "guy"
theguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2001, 05:21 AM   #3
Jan

Administrator

Doesn't look too good to me

4 Hong Kong Dollar = 0.36248 British Pound
4 Hong Kong Dollar = 0.51291 US Dollar
4 Hong Kong Dollar = 0.98184 Australian Dollar
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2001, 12:41 PM   #4
kryton

$0.50CPM is not too bad in these days, they claim to pay weekly, I'll test them out with a small amount of traffic and keep you all informed. I really have to much traffic to know what to do with at the moment anyway.
Old 12-04-2001, 12:54 AM   #5
iklik
Member.

They just emailed me too. How are they?
iklik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2001, 01:51 AM   #6
theguy

stay away from them, they do not pay
theguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2001, 07:02 PM   #7
jwilliams

Default Do not use them.

I tried Rmbclick for a test week around half a year ago.
I should get a bit more than 100$. I did recieve the check, with a big delay of few months, also it was not in $ but in HK. I only got 100 HK Dollars. Then I went to the bank and found out that check is without cover.

They look very unprofessional and I do not suggest them.
jwilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2001, 10:18 PM   #8
Czar

Webmaster

Default Re: Do not use them.

Quote:
Originally posted by jwilliams
They look very unprofessional...
I'm trying to cut back on my habit of criticising ad networks, but unprofessional is certainly an accurate term used to describe RmbClick.

As the more established members of Geek/Talk may remember, shortly after the service's launch, the network's founder started talking up the company here and on GetHigh under the pretense that he was a publisher who had successfully received several payments from the company.

Of course, being that our population includes many of the best sleuths in the business, his unethical actions were soon brought to light as it was uncovered that Stephen owned the company.

Anyway, Rmb may be worth exloring for those who are located within HK (and thus who may pursue legal recourse in the event that they are not paid), but others are putting themselves at risk when dealing with this firm.

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed and Facebook Page to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2001, 04:29 AM   #9
Koj-Gysto

Default Re: Re: Do not use them.

Quote:
Originally posted by Czar
As the more established members of Geek/Talk may remember, shortly after the service's launch, the network's founder started talking up the company here and on GetHigh under the pretense that he was a publisher who had successfully received several payments from the company.
It seems a lot of ad companies have done this and the threads have been removed and the users banned. This means that when some people (mostly the new) search for rmbclick they don't find anything about them.

Maybe there should be made a thread/forum/page where it's descriped which companies have spammed the boards so people know they should stay away from them...
Koj-Gysto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2001, 04:47 AM   #10
Czar

Webmaster

That's quite a good idea, and though we'll have to consider a number of legal/ethical/value factors when putting something like this together, it may be worthwhile.

There have indeed been many occasions in which merchants have deliberately masqueraded/trolled/spammed these forums and its members, and it can be disturbing on occasion to perform a search on an unethical company only to note that the only threads left active are those exhibiting a neutral or positive stance.

Anyway, it will be considered.

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed and Facebook Page to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2001, 05:00 AM   #11
Jan

Administrator

You beat me to it Czar

The idea isn't as silly as it seems.

Maybe if it is implemented, make it a members only area. That might take care of some of the legal/ethical factors
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2001, 11:44 AM   #12
kryton

I got my $100 (HK) check today as well. Strange how it is $100 exactly, actually haven't looked at their stats for a while. I removed all their ads. The thing is I probably can't even cash a $100 HK check because it is so little money.
Old 12-10-2001, 01:13 PM   #13
jwilliams

Yes exactly the same as in my case.

I had an "International" account with them (him) and I earned more than 140$ in just a few days. After a big delay he sent me 100$ HK and after I went to the bank they had told me that I am not even able to get HK currency there. I should go to another city for a lausy 100$ HK. Apart from that check was without cover.

Luke
Old 12-10-2001, 05:18 PM   #14
mr_innovate
Member.

Did these HK$100 checks have Mickey Mouse on them?
mr_innovate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2001, 06:32 PM   #15
jwilliams

Hehe :P I really don`t remember that, but if it would I would probably notice.