Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2001, 12:07 AM   #1
Czar

Webmaster

Default Revised ClickXchange Terms

ClickXchange will be enacting the following new terms come December 1st:
Quote:
1) Minimum Transaction Service Charge: All advertisers shall be subject to a minimum per transaction service charge payable to clickXchange as follows:

Click Program: $0.01 per valid click
Lead Program: $0.05 per valid lead
CPM Program: $0.05 per 1000 impressions
Verified Email Program: $0.05 per verified email
Sale Program: $0.10 per valid sale

2) Inactive Affiliate Accounts: Any accounts of Affiliates that are inactive shall be subject to a $2 per month maintenance charge that is payable at the end of each inactive month commencing as of the first inactive month. An account shall be deemed inactive for purposes of the preceding sentence if an account has not been logged onto by a third party for a period of 180 consecutive days (the “Period”).
3) Advertiser Responsibilities: The maintenance of the Advertiser’s programs and all terms and conflicts relating to the content of any advertisements and/or sales are the sole responsibility of the Advertiser. Unless clickXchange receives prior written notice by email from the Advertiser, all pending sales that are 45 days old will be automatically deemed to be valid and the Affiliate shall be credited for such sale.
4) End of Sale or Lead Tracking Codes (“Codes”): All Advertisers that accept Affiliates and/or receive traffic must insert the Code provided to them by clickXchange so that sales, leads and other information can be tracked. Failure to properly insert such Codes within 30 days after acceptance of a Affiliate will result in the deactivation of the Advertiser’s sales or other program and a $50 fee to be paid by the Advertiser upon demand to clickXchange.
5) Invoices: No invoices should be sent to clickXchange by any Advertiser, Affiliate, or other member. Any such invoices received shall be disregarded and shall have no effect.
Revisions 1, 3 and 4 in particular should go a long way towards increasing cXc's viability as a trustworthy affiliate marketplace.

Do the rest of you feel that these terms (in conjnction with the minimum merchant expenditure brought in just as competitor CJ was overhauling its system), will see ClickXchange's service improve for publishers?

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed and Facebook Page to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2001, 12:20 AM   #2
Jan

Administrator

Default Re: Revised ClickXchange Terms

Quote:
2) Inactive Affiliate Accounts: Any accounts of Affiliates that are inactive shall be subject to a $2 per month maintenance charge that is payable at the end of each inactive month commencing as of the first inactive month. An account shall be deemed inactive for purposes of the preceding sentence if an account has not been logged onto by a third party for a period of 180 consecutive days (the “Period”).
Yikes! I joined this program to keep a cj.com merchant that was leaving due to the changes.

It didn't work out so I stopped using ClickXchange.

Guess I better write and tell them I don't wish to use their services any longer.
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2001, 12:29 AM   #3
Czar

Webmaster

It's interesting that they chose the term 'third party' in that context, but my understanding of that point is that all affiliates need to do in order to be considered active is to log in to their accounts once every 6 months.

That's no huge ask - particularly if the firm does start to attract a few more decent merchants - so you should be safe.

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed and Facebook Page to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Old 11-06-2001, 12:37 AM   #4
consent
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

I agree...this "housecleaning" has been long overdue. Should enhance this network.
consent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2001, 06:59 AM   #5
AK

Yes... Now all they have to do is add automatic e-mail notices when a merchant runs out of funds or changes the offered rate (I seem to get notices about this sometimes, but most of the times I don't) and I would be almost pleased with Cxc.
AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2001, 07:07 AM   #6
Jan

Administrator

Cool

I logged in as per Czar's suggestion, and find I have $3 in there

And took a look at the programs they have and it looks much more impressive than it did 3/4 months ago.

Might be worth pursuing again
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2001, 10:27 PM   #7
torifan

Default $.01 CPM?

Most of the CPM offers on clickxchange state a rate of $.01 CPM. Can that be true? If so, why would anybody publish banners at a rate that low?
torifan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2001, 11:26 PM   #8
Czar

Webmaster

Default Re: $.01 CPM?

Quote:
Originally posted by torifan
Most of the CPM offers on clickxchange state a rate of $.01 CPM. Can that be true? If so, why would anybody publish banners at a rate that low?
That's likely one of the reasons accounting for why ClickXchange is bringing in the $0.05CPM minimum, at which rate the fact that more than one offer may be placed upon a single page (and the support for CPM-based text links, buttons, etc) will make the offering alluring to some publishers.

You'd have to be pretty desperate to run anything at $0.01CPM, though.

Old 11-07-2001, 11:46 PM   #9
Strider

I think these terms are a great step for this company to step up and improve upon their company image. The only clause I don't understand is #2. To charge an affiliate for being inactive is just ridiculous. I can understand removing inactive publishers but telling them you are going to charge them is just plain silly in my opinion. That is a sure way to make sure that an inactive affiliate never becomes active again.
Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2001, 11:59 AM   #10
rbacal

Sounds like some may be misreading those numbers

Click Program: $0.01 per valid click
Lead Program: $0.05 per valid lead
CPM Program: $0.05 per 1000 impressions
Verified Email Program: $0.05 per verified email
Sale Program: $0.10 per valid sale

These are MINIMUM SERVICE charges, not per click rates. What it means is that for every click (regardless of what you pay affiliate), you pay Clickx one cent minimum. What it does is increase CX's take for low click rate offers. So if you are paying affililiates 1 cent per click, you are also paying CX 1 cent.
rbacal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2001, 12:33 PM   #11
Strider

No, I am not misreading it. You are talking about Item #1 which is the minimum transaction charges for advertisers, not affiliates. I am talking about #2 which says they will charge affiliates who are inactive.

Quote:
Strider is offline   Reply With Quote