Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2002, 04:08 AM   #1
b2gdotcom

Default Fastclick.com ...

I have an account with fastclick.com on a pop under only basis. I noticed my earnings dropped on the 15th to around 20$ a day. I called and they had told me alot of my pop-unders were not getting clicks... ex: 300,000 pop unders with 0 clicks and 0 actions...

Does that sound right to you guys ? I knew my visitors were non clicky, but not that much !

Joe
b2gdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2002, 04:38 AM   #2
gallery

You are not alone in this case.

I and other webmasters have experienced this.

Nothing to with clicks as popunders are CPM.
It is slightly going up again now.

I guess we have to wait they sign up new campaigns.
gallery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2002, 05:32 AM   #3
maddeningcrowds

With fastclick, the advertiser can choose to drop your site out of the rotation, e.g. for poor CTR.

So they are paid CPM, but if you get no clicks, your CPM will drop, because there are less campagins available to you.
maddeningcrowds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2002, 02:30 PM   #4
firstmark

So popunder earnings are down for people since like the 19th?
firstmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2002, 05:42 PM   #5
Mbarb

I can report the same thing, earnings started to fall about the 15th. Did anyone else have a big spike on the 23rd, I did about 2.5 times my normal
Mbarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2002, 06:27 PM   #6
Arie

Lightbulb

There was a $6 CPM campaign on the 23rd only... I forgot which one... a travel one....
Arie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2002, 06:31 PM   #7
cyrex
Member.

Hi,

If your site is not producing any results sooner or later you will be dropped from any ad network. My advise to you would be to try to find out why people are not clicking perhaps the ads are of topic? Try to experiment with a ads which fit your site. Currently pop out and pop behind industry looks just like the banner industy in the end of 1999, but soon companies will realize that non targeted pop out which dont produce results cost 0 to them and will drop them from their ad budget. So if I would be you i would have a back up for fastclick!
cyrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2002, 07:33 PM   #8
firstmark

Crex speaking of backups, do you have a backup to your affiliate program you mention in your signature url? That might be something to think about too.
Old 01-25-2002, 09:02 PM   #9
cyrex
Member.

Hi firstmark,

Yes I do have a back up, but in my case I dont think we will have to use it. We launched our service less then 2 weeks ago and alredy have over 300 members strong, and 3 active advertisers. Because our service is based on being able to target visitors we are converting traffic in to sales for our current 3 advertisers. So if you have site selling clothing you will only be displayed on other sites selling clothing. And since we only use pop behind not pop outs, our member sites are not having any problems with their visitors. I was not trying to offend anybody by my post but just wanted to help people understand that if one is having no clicks and just impressions sooner or later he will get kicked off. Would you pay somebody for traffic which dosent produce any results?

Quote:
Originally posted by firstmark
Crex speaking of backups, do you have a backup to your affiliate program you mention in your signature url? That might be something to think about too.
cyrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2002, 10:54 PM   #10
Webmaster5000

Default Pop only account?

How'd you get a pop only account on Fastclick? I tried inquiring about that very same thing via e-mail, but they never respond to any of my mails.

Little side question for you.
Webmaster5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2002, 08:11 AM   #11
maddeningcrowds

You don't.

Get a normal account and then activate popups.

I don't think (you'll have to check) they have a minimum impressions on banners to stay in the program, so just don't implement the banner code.
maddeningcrowds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2002, 10:00 PM   #12
firstmark

Popunder earnings are still down for fastclick for me. Rates on inventory are up but ads delivered are down. I wonder if this situation will improve anytime soon. Interestingly enough as popunder earnings are declining for me regular banner earnings have increased. Is anyone else experiencing this?
Old 01-27-2002, 03:39 AM   #13
b2gdotcom

Yeah, my 468x60 banner is producing a lot more for me this month balancing out the pop under decrease. Pretty wierd I think.
b2gdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote