Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2001, 04:18 AM   #1
Jan

Administrator

Nope....mine is normal.....guess you are just lucky
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2001, 04:18 AM   #2
zeng31

Yes, today I am getting around 62% default for banners which is a little too high. Pop unders is doing great, they have lots of advertisers in hand. I just hope Fastclick could run some more CPM campaigns.
zeng31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2001, 04:54 AM   #3
Jan

Administrator

Question

That is very bizarre indeed!! Did they display earnings for this? Or just impressions?
Old 09-01-2001, 06:52 AM   #4
Mbarb

Default Hmmmm...

I had a unchecked default with no image or link information. This default showed 61,227 times in the last week on a site that gets about 500 pageviews total per day...Very strange
Mbarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2001, 07:12 AM   #5
Jan

Administrator

when I checked earlier, I thought it looked fine, but realised I had 51,000 for one for Sept 1 ( I thought I was still in August!!)

There is indeed a problem here!!

OR is it the combined months you have had the default? I only added mine maybe mid August (???)

As you say and I see, the other campaigns are fine.
Old 09-01-2001, 07:47 AM   #6
Jan

Administrator

Quote:
on a side note, is it possible for anyone defaulting with a cpc or cpm, and getting these unexplained and extremely high impressions/clicks, to get into a bit of trouble from the place they are defaulting to -- although it is not their fault? just a thought.
In a word - NO.

I checked the stats of where the the stats are redirected and for one I only had 1 click for Sept 1, but it showed 157 at fastclick

Guess they aint called fastclick for nothing
Old 09-01-2001, 02:15 PM   #7
click2mo
Member.

Quote:
Originally posted by Jan
Guess they aint called fastclick for nothing
LOL It's very strange indeed. I was like "what the hell?!!" last night when i checked my stats and saw those numbers skyrocket from 15,000 impression. One of my defaults has been reported to be displayed 3,978,223 times already and just in about 6 days, when it should be somewhere around the lines of only 20,000 impressions. I wished I could serve that much! The clicks are pretty low though, only 191.
click2mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2001, 05:41 AM   #8
Jan

Administrator

Okay that 'problem' has settled my end.

But I want to ask a question about both popunders and banners.

Since I first joined (mid July?) there was one one banner program that I left checked that never got used. (that one has gone now)

At the present time I have 2 banners on primary campaigns and 1 secondary that haven't been used. They stay on zero.

Also 1 primary on popunders that hasn't been shown as yet.

Can some of you that have used fastclicks for a while shed some light onto why this might be?

Old 09-02-2001, 09:17 AM   #9
Czar

Webmaster

I admit that it's unusual to have campaigns appear within one's pool that see no activity, but this does seem to happen relatively often with FastClick. Though only FastClick themselves could give you the definitive answer as to why this is, it's likely that the campaign in question initially enforced few restrictions on its distribution, before tightening to run on only certain channels and/or select sites. The distribution of impressions would obviously also be affected by the total scope of the campaign, and since FastClick does support low-volume test campaigns, it could be that the campaign simply didn't stretch thihn enough to include all of those sites that opted-in to support the run.

As with your case, a few of my ad spaces feature campaigns that have been selected, but have seen 0 impressions served, while my largest as space has seen activity on all campaigns - though some have delivered fewer impressions than could be counted on your fingers.

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed and Facebook Page to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2001, 08:21 PM   #10
thefanzone

Default hmmm...

I have 3 defaults, and I activated one of them... it ended up with 323,188 impressions and the 2 that werent activated ended up with 8000+ and 5000+. I have been using Fast Click for 3 months and have never experienced impression numbers on one single banner like this... ever. Anybody know why this happened?
thefanzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2001, 10:31 PM   #11
malis

Default errors on mine too

I, too, noticed very high impressions and click-throughs on my default campaigns in fastclicks stats. However, when I check the stats of the company that was supposed to have their banner shown 200,000 times, it was shown a more typical number several magnitudes less. Basically, fastclick has a bug in their default database, but they are not showing these banners the number of times the stats say.

As for why some campaigns run very few, if any impressions, I would guess part of it may be geotargetting of those campaigns. Meaning, if a visitor from Antartica is viewing your site, they may get that add from the heating company, but people located elsewhere would not. I know they had a pop-under campaigns that had a very high CPM pay rate, but it seemed to be limited to UK visitors.

BTW, I just reset my stats for my default campaigns.
malis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2001, 02:23 AM   #12
Jan

Administrator

Mine are fine still....just checked.

Still the high ones from the start of the month which were never corrected, but nothing new noticable.
Old 09-17-2001, 04:42 PM   #13
hammer

High Defaults started yesterday, about 90 percent plus defaults here...
hammer is offline   Reply With Quote