Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2001, 04:35 AM   #1

Exclamation Entension and Reversal Mania at CJ

Has anyone noticed that almost all August transactions have been extended, and that the first reversals of deactivated merchants (for non-payment) are appearing on your reports? Is this the end of Commission Junction as we know it?
007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2001, 05:10 AM   #2
wly

I was also about to post regarding this. I was surprised to see that they deducted the balance earlier than expected so I checked my July transactions and all those extended were reversed and reason for it says other... Hope this just another of those bugs that CJ last time otherwise these does not look good.
wly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2001, 05:16 AM   #3
Jeff Booth

Hooray I have just lost over 2/3 of my earnings for the last 3 months.
Jeff Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2001, 09:02 AM   #4
emmzee
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

HOLY CARP!!! [sic]

Basically all of my leads for June, July, August are either extended or reversed. (ie, Jackpot, IWonGear and Nonsense 2000) Damn ... well, luckily CJ was not my only source of income for those periods. I don't understand why companies like CJ don't MAKE THEIR ADVERTISERS PAY IN ADVANCE. Like, you have to put say $2000 down in advance ... when you run below a certain threshold (ie start running out of money) you have to add more or your links are deactivated immediately. What's so wrong/tough about that?!

Anyways, since CJ has reversed most of the money I earned from them and no longer has any programs that actually convert for me, I won't be using them any time soon or possibly ever again. Oh well at least I got a lousy train whistle out of 'em.

Last edited by emmzee; 09-13-2001 at 09:04 AM.
emmzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2001, 12:31 PM   #5
JonPKibble
Member.

I think at least for August there is some discrepancy. Because I am seeing a lot of extensions from reliable merchants. This happened once before. Should be fixed by the time payday comes. I mean, it is still only the 14th. As for iwongear, emailprize, and other deactivated ones...wouldn't count on it. If you look at what those pay per lead things were paying, well put it this way.... would you pay 45 cents for a new subscriber? I sure as hell wouldn't. I pay 2-3 cents and that barely makes me a profit in 30 days return. 45 cents, would take over a year, and that is assuming you keep the subscriber. If something looks too good to be true it usually is. Pay per sale is the way to go!!!
JonPKibble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2001, 09:03 PM   #6
jefff

Quote:
Has anyone noticed that almost all August transactions have been extended

I think you've probably just been unlucky with your advertisers. I've only had two out of 322 transactions extended.

Most of my sales come from well known UK companies. The two extensions came from small American companies.
jefff is offline   Reply With Quote