Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2001, 01:30 AM   #1
nima

Question how to go about getting advertisers for an affiliate program?

Hello,
I have been thinking about starting an affiliate program and I have some great ideas that will make it a bit different then some other affiliate networks. As I have seen fineclicks.com websponsors.com shareasale.com onresponce.com and some others all have a lot of the same advertisers. If I were to start something like them how would I need to go about getting some of those advertisers on my affiliate program? Would it be really hard? Is there anything I can do that will get them to give it a try or does the advertiser look at anything special about wanting to give it a try or not? Basically what I want to do is start something that will make everyone on the internet that is suffering this internet crisis to survive and be happy. I know that I will not be able to do that all the way but I might be able to do something. I have some ideas that once I would have some advertisers I would be able to put in the time to get each publisher a list of which offers would do good on their site after some research of what their site is about. I hope no one is laughing about me trying to do this, but I see a bunch of new affiliate networks almost every month or two and I wanted to know how hard it is to get those same kind of advertisers. I also want to help each and every one of you people that have their income dropped down to 0 or barely anything at all. I am really interested to start this so any support would be appreciated.

If you have been thinking to do something similar send me an email to nima@audioseek.net or ICQ me at 63125103 and we will work something great out.
nima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2001, 07:21 AM   #2
Marty Winston

It's a chicken omelet - which comes first?

Most advertisers want to know that you have a meaningful reach into desirable and productive Web sites before they pay their money. It costs them between $1500 and $13,000 to get involved with one of the big three - where they reach more than 500,000 Web sites - of which more than 80% make at least enough a month to get a check.

I have started a company in this category, but have not yet made it operational. When I do, I have very well-defined definitions for the sites we will accept and the offers we will consider. That kind of focus is a mandate for long-term success in almost anything Web.

I suppose you might find a way to make this work as a hobby, but i can't think too well of the long-term prospects for a "lemonade stand" affiliate program.

Also, since your purpose is handling money, consult an attorney about the ramifications of that both on your business and on your personal life.
Marty Winston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2001, 04:18 PM   #3
nima

Would you be interested in doing something like this together?
Old 08-30-2001, 07:26 PM   #4
Marty Winston

Thanks for asking, but I think we have very different targets.

My operation (it will be called Best Bounties) has its focus only on family-friendly offers involving bounties of $10 or more, and only on sites that are either extensions of strong brick brands or doing 1 million or more unique users per month in a targetable demographic sector.

I'm guessing yours is more about music, and would not fit either of these criteria.
Old 08-30-2001, 11:34 PM   #5
nima

I think everyone here misunderstood my post. What I am thinking of doing is an affiliate network with offers like cj.com fineclicks.com and all others do
Old 08-31-2001, 12:00 AM   #6
Marty Winston

In what way has anybody misunderstood anything?

You'd like to compete with the big guys in affiliate programs, and I described the chicken & egg situation of sites versus offers.

You suggested we joined forces, and I suggested that your plans seem more populist while mine seem more elitist.

If you have trouble keeping track of ideas in something as short as this thread, you may want to rethink the idea of starting our own affiliate program aggregator business ("network").