Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2001, 04:49 PM   #1
demae

Default Pay-Per-Search programs that return GOOD search results?

I miss the days when AdSearches.com had no multix, and paid a flat 7.5 cents for any search and sent it to AllTheWeb.com, which provided good search results.

GoTo.com's program has good search results for unbidded terms like "Card Captor Sakura". Unfortunately, it only pays 2 cents per click.

Is GoTo.com the highest paying search affiliate program that returns good search results for unbidded terms, or is there some other program out there?
demae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2001, 05:30 PM   #2
malis

I came to the conclusion that Goto was the best for search results related to the terms. Searchreferral was good (when I used them) because they used google after their bidded terms, which I still believe is the best search engine out there. I don't know what searchreferral does now, as I've used goto for the past few months.

Also, Goto is one of the few first click searches left, and their tracking has been very good for me.
malis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2001, 06:21 PM   #3
demae

I stopped using SearchReferral a few months ago because they said they wouldn't pay me their flat 3 cents a click rate anymore, because I kept sending them unproductive search terms.

I guess I'm fighting an uphill battle here---I'm looking for a search engine affiliate program that will lose money on me by paying for unproductive traffic. (It may not seem so absurd if you consider that that's exactly what they did last year.) But hey, if anyone knows of such a program, I want to join!
Old 08-18-2001, 08:51 PM   #4
hyperglobalmeganet
Member.

Cool 7search.com

i've been using 7search.com for a while now and they are pretty good...i tried searchfeed.com for a while but they have **** results

7search.com gives you lots of money and if you have a decent amount of traffic like 10k/day you can get like 1000$ per month..well thats what mine does

laters,
Chris
hyperglobalmeganet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2001, 09:00 PM   #5
demae

I just checked out 7search.com; they have decent search results, and pay 4 cents per search. There is one problem however:

Q: Can I place a search term in the search box to prompt my surfers to conduct a particular search?
A: Yes.* But you must select a search term that has a top bid of at least 4 or higher.

This won't work for the way that I am thinking of: Putting anime series names (e.g. "Ranma" or "Evangelion") as the prefilled term.
Old 08-18-2001, 09:04 PM   #6
Supermoo

Default Re: 7search.com

Quote:
Originally posted by hyperglobalmeganet
...i tried searchfeed.com for a while but they have **** results...
SearchFeed use in house results (not many though) and then use Ah-Ha for the backup results. (Their "3rd Party" results) So you're saying Ah-ha or SearchFeed's results are ****?

I'd appreciate your opinion because so far I've seen both produce quite accurate results.

Thankyou,
Supermoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2001, 09:41 PM   #7
Lil_Red

Default Re: 7search.com

Quote:
Originally posted by hyperglobalmeganet
i've been using 7search.com for a while now and they are pretty good...i tried searchfeed.com for a while but they have **** results

7search.com gives you lots of money and if you have a decent amount of traffic like 10k/day you can get like 1000$ per month..well thats what mine does

laters,
Chris
Most importantly, do they pay on time?
Lil_Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2001, 10:06 PM   #8
qball0213

I would also like to know if anyone is using the 7Search's 7FaSSt Search and what kind of results do you get?
qball0213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2001, 10:46 PM   #9
tuffy

Default they paid ontime!

Lil-Red they pay ontime everytime.

They pay every 3 months I believe but if you are making more than the normal , they will pay you monthly. dont ask me what the normal is. In my case was more than $300 a month and they paid me monthly.

I think they changed their search box program to 4 cent 2 click but double check with them.

If you decide to try them, go with the pay per text. you''ll get 70% of the advertiser bid.

Hope this helps!

tuffy
tuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2001, 11:01 PM   #10
Supermoo

Quote:
Originally posted by qball0213
I would also like to know if anyone is using the 7Search's 7FaSSt Search and what kind of results do you get?
I've been testing 7Search's FaSSt Search for some time and have found it do pay the amount claimed, 1c per search, for quite accurate results provided by 7MetaSearch.
Supermoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2001, 11:27 PM   #11
qball0213

Anybody know how to do the prefills, I've been playing with but I can't figure it out
qball0213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2001, 01:34 AM   #12
LastActionHero

Argh! 7search's website is so confusing. My head started spinning. Can someone tell me what the major points of their affiliate program are?
LastActionHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2001, 08:20 AM   #13
1lit

Anybody made any money with searchgalore.com? They claim to pay on second click. I've sent over two hundred people via a seach box on my site to them recently, but according to their stats. not one person has bothered to click on a second link. Therefore no money for us
1lit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2001, 08:33 AM   #14
notibrian

7search pays on time, as i got several checks from them on time ... but too bad they do not accept international webmasters
notibrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2001, 12:20 PM   #15
torifan

Demae,

I have 2 columns at searchprograms.com/table3.html that attempt to summarize the quality of the search results of the various programs. (It needs some updating though).

AtoZworld has good search results and pays 5 cents per 1st click. On paper, this is far and away the best program for low value keywords -- we still don't know if they pay because they pay 60 days after the end of the month and the program is new.

I laughed at the comment about 7search's website. I've always thought it was one of the most confusing sites I'd ever seen. Their stats page is also bizzare - it has great detail in some areas, like telling how many clicks came from each page of your site. But on the other hand, it doesn't let you see your stats over a given time frame. They do have good programs, however, once you figure them out. I try to summarize the basic searchbox program at searchprograms.com.

Litmania, you aren't still using Searchgalore's code from CJ are you? They dropped their CJ program and now have their own in-house program which they were pushing hard about a month ago. Also, have you tried using their searchbox with terms your visitors would be using? Does it return anything worth clicking on?
torifan is offline   Reply With Quote