Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR SALES: geek/Marketplace > Barter/Trade, Buy, & Sell > Archives of old posts from Let's Barter/Trade, Buy, & Sell
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2001, 07:49 PM   #1
clearvision

Default 2 music sites close to 1 million impressions.

I have two music sites for sale that utilize the same DB. I have tried to make things as clear as possible. As directed by forum rules my email is westbrook7@hotmail.com. But to keep things in the open, please reply directly to this thread with bids.

I will be posting this on both gethighforums, and geek village. I WILL SELL TO THE HIGHEST BIDDER. I will not be playing guessing games so if you want to bid, reply directly to this post. I want to say that I attribute practically all of my problems on webhosting.com(for the recent decline in traffic). They have repeatedely left my site down for hours at a time, and after a 40 minute rant, all they basically could say is that the actual server was not subject to the 99% uptime plastered on their site... Um... I hate the company.. really I do. Anyways, here is whats up for grabs.

Note: These sites are currently under the public domain clause that a lot of sites live by. I dont want to discuss that aspect of the site, and I think anyone who wants to buy the site will know enough about it. I also want to say that the emphasis is on the sites strong advertising contacts, current(and easily increasable) traffic. Starpulse.com seems to have made a successful transformation and the same could be done with a site such as this one, though I would leave that up to the new owner.
1. Two sites for sale
2. URL(s) of site? http://www.datworld.com http://www.abouttheartist.com

3. Age of site?

DatWorld: 2 years and 1 day.
AboutTheArtist- almost 1 year

4. Approximate monthly page views and/or unique visitor?
DatWorld: ~750,000 page views/month
AboutTheArtist: ~200,000 page views/month

www.datworld.com/stats.jpg www.datworld.com/statsabouttheartist.jpg

5. How does site generate income? How much?
Income is generated off of advertising, poster sales, etc.
Off both sites currently about 400-700/month. The jump is because there is an occasional high paying pop up campaign that comes around.

6. Who develops content and administers the site and how much time does it require? Content is added via a pretty good administration system built by yours truly(ASP-VB-SQL Server)

7. What industry/audience does your site serve? Young adults (16-26).

8. Is knowledge required of the industry served by your site? To take advantage of the contacts I can give, and the Music Vision relationship, it would be good to have a love for music.

9. Reason for selling? Seeing the ad market bottom out has made it painful to see earnings drop to its current level. I WILL SELL THESE SITES!!!

10. Will you help with the transition of the site to the new owner? Of course

11. Does the site have an e-zine or newsletter?
I think I have over 3000 email accounts registered under everyone.net. The UBB is quite active but I havent patrolled it well.

12. Asking price for the site? Dont know, best bid from both geek village and gethighforums will win. Christmas is coming up, and revenue should get a bump. I want direct replies to this post, I dont care for answering who has the highest bid etc via email.

As a last pitch a few months back Music Vision went on a site dumping spree, yet kept my site on, and even ran targeted pop campaigns for volume.com... I think that says a little.
Old 08-19-2001, 04:15 PM   #2
coolshop

What methods do you use to drive incoming traffic to these sites, specifically abouttheartist.com?

There don't seem to be tons of links out there to this site, so I'd like to know if you are employing any other methods to drive traffic?

Thanks
Old 08-19-2001, 04:19 PM   #3
coolshop

OK, I looked at datworld.com too, and my question applies to both sites. Although datworld does have a lot of incoming links.

Note, I may have an interest, but I'm not interested in placing a bid on this public message board.
Old 08-21-2001, 06:20 PM   #4
clearvision

Hello,

A LOT of traffic comes from google/yahoo for both sites. AOL is also a major contributor:

Here is datworld percentages for search engines.
1 Google 13,487 37.53%
2 Yahoo 8,744 24.33%
3 Microsoft Network 4,539 12.63%
4 AltaVista 2,319 6.45%

As said, I will provide all stats to buyer for verification.

If anyone else has bids, please PM me, or post here. I really want to sell the site soon.

Any bids would be good at this point.

Last edited by Steve_S; 08-21-2001 at 07:07 PM.