Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR PERFORMANCE: Website Promotion, Marketing and Growth > Marketing Your Website Online
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2001, 04:45 AM   #1
nima

Question how do I get traffic to my cell phone site?

Hi everybody
I have a cell phone site that lists free cell phones and service plans with details for every single phone and service plan. The URL is: http://www.4-free-cell-phones.com . I paid the 200$ to get into the yahoo directory at the top reults of some keywords and I am getting about 200-250 hits a day from that but I REALLY need some help to increase these hits in any more amount possible. Can anyone here help me on how I can increase my free cell phone site's traffic? I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY HELP AND THANK YOU IN ADVANCE
nima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2001, 07:13 AM   #2
dgeer

Default Correctly doing many little things

Go to your target market by learning where they hang out; then market to them.

What's worked best for me:

Pay per click search engines, ezine advertising (ones with large circulation that your target market reads), and my own opt-in mailing list. Also, you might try reciprocal links with none competing sites that have the same target market as you. Success usually comes from correctly doing many little things.

Last edited by dgeer; 08-16-2001 at 07:15 AM.
dgeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2001, 02:10 PM   #3
nima

Hi I don't know any sites to link exchnage with that are in the same category as my site that is the problem =(
Old 08-16-2001, 11:46 PM   #4
cyrex
Member.

Default Re: how do I get traffic to my cell phone site?

Quote:
Originally posted by nima
Hi everybody
I have a cell phone site that lists free cell phones and service plans with details for every single phone and service plan. The URL is: http://www.4-free-cell-phones.com . I paid the 200$ to get into the yahoo directory at the top reults of some keywords and I am getting about 200-250 hits a day from that but I REALLY need some help to increase these hits in any more amount possible. Can anyone here help me on how I can increase my free cell phone site's traffic? I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY HELP AND THANK YOU IN ADVANCE
Hi Nima,

Would you mind sharing how many visitors out of a 1000 actually convert and go ahead and buy cellphone service trought your site? Regarding getting more traffic try listing your site in looksmart.com and dmoz.org

Anatoliy.
cyrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2001, 01:33 AM   #5
nima

Hi there is no way I can tell you the conversions ont hat many hits because I have just started the site and it is only getting about 250 hits day. Also the conversions are all different depending on what cell phone offer you promote the most. I have submitted my site to dmoz.org into the correct directory for weeks now and I am still not in. Can you tell me about looksmart.com what I have to do to get in most definately? and what I should not haveor do so they do not add my site? I would apprecaite the help
Old 08-17-2001, 11:02 AM   #6
cyrex
Member.

Quote:
Originally posted by nima
Hi there is no way I can tell you the conversions ont hat many hits because I have just started the site and it is only getting about 250 hits day. Also the conversions are all different depending on what cell phone offer you promote the most. I have submitted my site to dmoz.org into the correct directory for weeks now and I am still not in. Can you tell me about looksmart.com what I have to do to get in most definately? and what I should not haveor do so they do not add my site? I would apprecaite the help
Looksmart works the same way yahoo does, you pay and submit your site! Looksmart is much easier to get it, so if yahoo accepted you, looksmart will for shure accept you!
cyrex is offline   Reply With Quote