Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2001, 07:12 PM   #1
chris256

Angry CJ : July commissions are extended

CJ have extended the July commissions of LiveHelper and I think, all commissions of the advertisers that have decided to leave the CJ
network in August.
I'am very furious because it's the second time...
Last Month and now this month!

I have $600 of extended commissions.

CJ, I think you decided to lost all your publishers !

I leave
chris256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2001, 08:23 PM   #2
PWR_Paul_Banker

Tell me about it. I've got $200 in extended commissions
PWR_Paul_Banker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2001, 09:21 PM   #3
SSacobie

Same as last month. IIRC, they went to war with their publishers, then ultimately ended up apologizing.
SSacobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2001, 01:23 AM   #4
Dave-AHFB

apologizing?

I never got one, I even emailed Lex yesterdau regarding this ezula scandal (you know he did a newspaper interview regarding it) I asked for the good of the community to brush egos aside. Apparently the good of the community is not what he has in mind.

Lex,
Granted our respect for each other is non existing, I ask that you hear me out. I designed AHFB as not only a place for people to learn about HTML, but as a source to educate our visitors on the reality of the web, good, bad, or indifferent. I am sure you realize your credibility on your forums is not what it should or what it used to be, regardless if that is your fault or the fault of others is beside the question at this moment.
As you know by reading the forums, I believe that webmastering is 80% research, and only 20% goes into actual building and maintenance. I have researched a topic, and I am aware that you know some about it also. I am referring to the Ezula/kazza scandal. I have not yet seen mention of this on your forums,
and would like the opportunity to address this issue with your members. I believe if a third party were to discuss these issues with your members, it would not only lend credibility, but would answer some other issues that my fellow webmasters have brought up not knowing that this may be playing a major factor.

Why would I even care about taking any of the heat off of you and CJ...because it is the right thing to do. Call me old fashioned, call me naive, but I believe in "the right thing" and will go to my grave defending "the right thing".

Do not get me wrong, I still harbor many of the ill feelings towards what you have done, and have no plan on changing my stance on these issues, however, there is another reason to why people are seeing less monies in there check,
and this time it is not the fault of CJ. I want to make your members aware of this, in a way that is credible.

What do I want for this...nothing, although I will only post this under my original "handle" and NOT an assumed name.
This may bring to mind the question of what do I have to gain. It is not a matter of what I have to gain, but a matter of what webmasters have to gain and what they have to lose. Not to mention the fact of what Ezula is doing to CJ and AHFB2000.

The matter is now in your hands.

Dave Bailey

Last edited by Dave-AHFB; 08-16-2001 at 01:24 AM.
Dave-AHFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2001, 03:07 PM   #5
yevlesh

What does it mean when a commission is extended?
yevlesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2001, 05:01 PM   #6
Anion

Some Cj Merchants simply refuse to pay, leaving Cj to pick up the slack. It appears that CJ is extending payment dates while it is attempting to use the legal system to collect .
Anion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2001, 01:57 PM   #7
Dave-AHFB

quote by myself

"apologizing?

I never got one, I even emailed Lex yesterdau regarding this ezula scandal (you know he did a newspaper interview regarding it) I asked for the good of the community to brush egos aside. Apparently the good of the community is not what he has in mind."

hmm and now it comes out that good ole CJ has thier hands in it up to thier elbows

...'magine that

D

Last edited by Dave-AHFB; 08-17-2001 at 01:57 PM.
Dave-AHFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2001, 01:25 AM   #8
JonPKibble
Member.

I too am owed $600 for July, that was extended. That's 40% of my total earnings for the month!

Last month they adjusted the payout a few days later and "re-posted" an amount that was closer to 90% of what I was owed, instead of 60%... if they do it again I will be pleased...otherwise guess I will just sit and wait :/

I am still very pleased w/CJ, I have found a few programs that are my meat-and-potatoes that pay a percent of profit and have been reliable for ages, as opposed to the newer ones that were extended. And I am confident that there are many other reliable ones out there.

Is there a way to check how many transactions a merchant extends? I.E. I know there's a stat for amount of "reversed transactions" but is there one for "extended transactions"?
JonPKibble is offline   Reply With Quote