Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR PERFORMANCE: Website Promotion, Marketing and Growth > Marketing Your Website Online
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2001, 09:10 PM   #1
FreeFun

Default Sprinks.com?

Hi,

I had a phone call on Friday from someone at Sprinks wanting me to open an account. I would like to try their service, but the 300 search term limit per account and a minimum deposit of $100 has me a bit concerned. I tend to buy less requested search terms and I'm worried that it might take quite a while to spend $100 if I can only submit 300 terms.

What has your experience been with Sprinks. How much traffic to you get in comparison with Goto?

Thanks,
Tim
FreeFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2001, 10:09 PM   #2
cyrex
Member.

Default Re: Sprinks.com?

I am having the same problems as you do. I only bid 1 or 2 cents per keyword, but on many keywords. From my expereince 300 searchterms limit were not even close to being enough for me. also in terms of traffic unless you are willing to bid above 10 cents per click on terms you shouldn't expect much traffic from sprinks. I would say if you had more then 100o terms with goto listed and are getting 500 clicks a day, you can expect to get around 50 a day from sprinks. Sprinks does have distribution deals with other meta search engines, but traffic is not even close to goto. Also the only way to get a lot of traffic from them is to be displayed on about.com guide sites, but then again in order to be displayed on guide sites you have to have top position, and in some cases top positions cost above 50 cents. so in my opinion sprinks is good for midsized companies wanting to get targeted traffic, but not for small biz or plain webmasters wanting to get exposure without spending a lot of money. I hope this info helps you.

Quote:
Originally posted by FreeFun
Hi,

I had a phone call on Friday from someone at Sprinks wanting me to open an account. I would like to try their service, but the 300 search term limit per account and a minimum deposit of $100 has me a bit concerned. I tend to buy less requested search terms and I'm worried that it might take quite a while to spend $100 if I can only submit 300 terms.

What has your experience been with Sprinks. How much traffic to you get in comparison with Goto?

Thanks,
Tim
cyrex is offline   Reply With Quote