Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR SALES: geek/Marketplace > Barter/Trade, Buy, & Sell > Archives of old posts from Let's Barter/Trade, Buy, & Sell
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2001, 10:56 AM   #1
gethosted

Unhappy Truly dirt cheap advertising

There are a few popunder deals at ezcoolpages.com that I can opt out of soon, and was trying to get back into banner advertising on the sites. There would be a top and bottom banner, and I'm willing to sell for the ultra low price of $.10 cpm. I'm offering these this low because I ask for prepayment of the impressions, and the fact that these are untargetted and go across many sites which may only recieve 10 page views in their entire existance, so they are likely of lower quantity and quality of content. I really can't go any lower to make the change profitable. If you are looking for targetted impressions, I would be more than happy to put in the code for the banner exchange of your choice so you can exchange the credits earned for targetted credits (if your banner exchange lets you target). A third party rotator will be used if wanted (most likely adbutler or something). This will have the side advantage of reducing my server load.

On the flip-side, and this is what I really wanted to post about, I want to try selling integrated content. You can put in anything you want (within reason, of course) in a 150 tall by 750 wide space at the top or bottom of all pages. This is about 2 inches of space on a standard 15" monitor running 800x600 resolution. I would like to do trials at maybe $.35 cpm as this is quite a bit of space. You can have either the top or bottom, as different campaigns would have different results at different places (for example you'd do much better with an "Enter Here" at the bottom). You must do the layout for this, and it will most likely be served via IFRAME.

As you can see, either of these would be farely lucrative. The second deal is easily manipulated in your favor. I would love to hear your ideas, even if you're not interested. Tell me what you think.

------------------
Ezcoolpages: Free 20 megs webhosting for all sites, including celeb.
Harsh Rejection: Send a clever personalized E-poem to show your true feelings.
Celeb Banner Exchange
Old 07-03-2001, 12:43 PM   #2
Guava

Unhappy

So someone would pay you for 2:1 banner impressions in a banner exchange? Actually they'd be paying $0.20 CPM for banner exchange impressions. I bet you could buy the impressions or clicks even straight from the banner exchange for cheaper or the same price.

------------------
Guava
NetMongol.com Free E-Mail @YourDomain.com
Keep 100% of the Banner Space! For only $10 per month
NetMongol Affiliate Program Paying $5 per sale and then $2 per month after that

[This message has been edited by Guava (edited 07-03-2001).]
Old 07-03-2001, 12:45 PM   #3
gethosted

Unhappy

Actually, I was hoping for more interest in the integrated content than the banner idea. Can we shift focus there?

------------------
Celeb Banner Exchange
Old 07-03-2001, 01:05 PM   #4
Guava

Unhappy

:-) sure. That's actually a nice piece of real-estate your offering for those. As far as the idea of "integrate content" goes, what kind of pages are these ads going to be on? I know you host non-nude pic sites so I'd assume something like a premium celeb pic site would be great there. Your other sites I guess are personal homepages and other miscellaneous stuff, so what kind of content would go there? If someone found a good affiliate source that would convert well there I could see those spots working well, especially because of their size and the ability to add plenty of text-copy for the affiliate program.

------------------
Guava
Old 07-03-2001, 02:26 PM   #5
gethosted

Unhappy

Thanks http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif

That is exactly why I think it might stir up some interest. What I think would most likely work is if someone had something they wanted to offer for free. This tends to fit almost any site, since most surfers won't mind getting something for nothing (or at least that's how most things are presented).

Likewise, that amount of space you could likely talk someone into inputting their email address and signing up for a newsletter. Or, if you offered a product for download like your latest instant messenger. Of course, if you plastered "Click Here To Enter" across the entire space, your traffic would soar http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif.

------------------
Celeb Banner Exchange
Old 07-03-2001, 11:11 PM   #6
Guava

Unhappy

I think $0.10 CPM is too high for your kind of traffic, it's quality is extremely low with little to no knowledge of what kind of content is on the pages. I think CPC or low cost pop-unders are the way to go.

------------------
Guava
Old 07-03-2001, 11:32 PM   #7
gethosted

Unhappy

That's why I said I would allow you to put banner exchange code there, since in many exchanges you can target to a specific genra, so you can get the targetted advertising.

------------------
Celeb Banner Exchange
Old 07-04-2001, 01:25 PM   #8
gethosted

Unhappy

If 100% of my inventory were banner advertising, I could serve around 2 million banner ads.

------------------
Celeb Banner Exchange
Old 07-04-2001, 05:54 PM   #9
firstmark

Unhappy

so 2 million untargeted banner ads at 0.10 cpm? So all this talk of quality and conversation for $200?

Old 07-04-2001, 10:09 PM   #10
regier

Unhappy

I sent you a note. If you don't get it, please let me know.
Old 07-04-2001, 11:51 PM   #11
regier

Unhappy

How many banner impressions a month are you able to serve?
Old 07-08-2001, 11:09 PM   #12
gethosted

Unhappy

Note: if you sent me email within the past few days, please resend it. My mail has been messed up going from one server to another.

------------------
Celeb Banner Exchange