Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR SALES: geek/Marketplace > Barter/Trade, Buy, & Sell > Archives of old posts from Let's Barter/Trade, Buy, & Sell
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-28-2000, 06:21 PM   #1
NetSlumlord

Arrow Flash card/cartoon site for sale

<Admin merged the old and the new. See Lee's post of 9/3/01 for new terms. Good luck.>

1. Your name Lee Moss
2. URL of site http://www.aniflash.com

3. Age of site approx. 6 months

4. Approximate monthly page views and/or unique visitor (Note: These numbers are prior to October. We have spent 0 hours on the site this month)

~1000-1200 uniques to the front page daily, ~3-6,000 to site. (many visitors dont come in through the front)
~150,000 pageviews per month (over 200,000 for Sept.)

5. How does site generate income? How much?

Banners, text links, newsletter ads, Mailbits, TAF forms.
$1145 for September. (Used newsletter for cross-promotion rather than using revenue ads) Note: Site made over $500 this month (October) with 0 hours of work put in and no newsletters sent.

6. Who develops content and how much time does it require?

My partner designs the Flash cards and I incorporate them into the site, handle the advertising, send newsletters, etc. Combined we spend maybe 6-8 hours a week? We sometimes pay other Flash designers for material and pay them on a performance basis.

7. Reason for selling

I run several other larger websites and don't have the time to devote to promoting this one. My partner designs flash cards for a major internet company and has a site of his own and also has little time to work on the site. I have numerous other half-finsihed projects I would like to complete.

8. Will you help with the transition of the site to the new owner?

Yes. I'll help as much as possible for the first 6-8 weeks.

9. Does the site have an e-zine or newsletter? Number of subscribers?

Yes. It has over 29,000 loyal subscribers. Very low unsubscribe rate.

10. The asking price for the site

$30,000 negotiable
I'll also throw in 3 or 4 ads in one of my other newsletters. (220,000 subs)

Thank you.

Lee

webmaster@aniflash.com

Last edited by Steve_S; 09-03-2001 at 01:27 PM.
Old 10-29-2000, 11:38 PM   #2
Steve_S
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Unhappy

Lee,

Fantastic job integrating revenue sources and your content for a maximum CPM.

Question: Does the sale price include the source code (.fla) and rights to use and modify all the Little Ray and other Flash productions currently available on the site?

------------------
Best Regards,
Steve_S
Your Administrator
FREE Ecards for your site. Your pages and images = $$$ Tons of features. We host the script.
Old 10-30-2000, 10:02 AM   #3
NetSlumlord

Unhappy

Thanks Steve.

Yes, the character Little Ray can be used, abused, modified, etc. in any way seen fit by the buyer.
There are 4 cards that were done by another designer on a revenue-sharing basis. They are non-exclusive to the site (you may come across them on another site). I will have to check with the designer on whether any modifications are allowed to them (such as removing the link back at the end).

The site has received ~140,000 unique visitors so far this month. That is with no time put into it. (keep in mind that most visitors don't enter the site through the front)

BTW in case anyone is wondering the Cafepress sales stink. It should be removed.
Old 10-31-2000, 05:35 PM   #4
adland

Unhappy

How would you rate the quality of CafePress' goods? Do they ship promptly? Just curious, thanks.
Old 10-31-2000, 06:59 PM   #5
NetSlumlord

Unhappy

The quality seems fine. I bought a t-shirt for my 4 year-old and my partner bought a coffee mug and mouse pad to see how they looked. He siad they looked good.
They usually ship items pretty fast, too.
Prices are just too high though. :-(
Old 09-03-2001, 12:25 PM   #6
NetSlumlord

Post AniFlash for sale cheap

<Admin merged this post into original sale. Good luck.>

I'm selling www.aniflash.com for the highest offer I receive over $1,000 this week. I'm not going to auction it off. I'll accept one bid from each interested party. Whoever has the best one I'll accept it.

The site gets around 4-500 uniques a day to the front and around 1,000 a day overall.
It has about 30 flash cards/cartoons that come with it and has over 35,000 subs on the mailing list.
It makes a few hundred $ a month.

I don't know enough Flash to design cards myself so I can't continue to run it and don't have time for it anyway.

If you have any questions email me at moss@kyol.net

Thanks,
Lee

Last edited by Steve_S; 09-03-2001 at 01:28 PM.