Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2001, 06:58 PM   #1
JJJay

Unhappy Looking for a good pop under sponsor

I'm looking for a good pop under sponsor that pays $2 cpm or more. I am currently using goclick.com which I find to be good but since I don't have a US bank account (I'm based in Ireland) I can't withdraw my revenue from my www.paypal.com account, I would have to spend it in a online store that accepts paypal.

I would love to join www.popuptraffic.com as I have nothing but praise for SI for the past year, but I don't think I would be accepted as I use 1 pop up window to send traffic to a top site I own, if Robert is reading "Is there any chance of my website being accepted."

I have three free font websites and the bandwidth charges are high yet my ad revenue is decreasing and some good affiliate programs I am a member of just cut incentives. Any help would be appreciated.
JJJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2001, 08:10 PM   #2
PWR_Paul_Banker

Thumbs up

fastclick.com is good if you can get accepted.
PWR_Paul_Banker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2001, 04:08 AM   #3
masm50

Unhappy

Why can't you use an international Paypal account to withdraw money?

This is what I was planning to do,
can't you do that?

Cheers

Tim

Musicware - Free Audio Software Reviews http://www.musicware.dial.pipex.com/
masm50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2001, 04:24 AM   #4
Robert from SI
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Unhappy

JJJay,

PopUpTraffic will be accepting new affiliates (USA & international) as soon as Monday or Tuesday.
Robert from SI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2001, 05:07 AM   #5
AhmedF

Unhappy

masm

You need to be in the US or Canada to withdraw into a bank account
AhmedF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2001, 06:19 AM   #6
Czar

Webmaster

Unhappy

or Australia.

I think that there remain many nations where widthdrawals to a credit card are supported, also.

------------------
Czar
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2001, 08:13 AM   #7
JJJay

Unhappy

PWR_Paul_Banker - I applied to them once before but was refused, I didn't want to serve 468x60 banners just popups.

masm50 - Check out the following post where I asked advice on withdrawing funds from my paypal.com account http://geekvillage.com/ubb/Forum4/HTML/006505.html

Robert from SI - Thanks for replying, would I be able to sign up given the fact that I use 1 pop up to send traffic to a top site I own. The website I want to place gets 20,000 unique visitors daily and sends searchtraffic.com good traffic from a single search box I have on my index page.

Czar - Is it possible to withdraw funds onto my credit card using paypal, how do I go about doing it. From what I read it seems I may only spend any cash I have in my paypal.com account in paypal.com accepted stores.
Old 06-23-2001, 09:04 AM   #8
Czar

Webmaster

Unhappy

JJJay, I'm not sure about whether or not credit/debit card withdrawals are still supported for Irish accounts. If they were, I imagine that PayPal should have sent you details regarding this when you received your first payment, or when you signed up for your account.

In any case, upon logging in today, I noticed that PayPal are introducing their own debit card shortly that will allow members to withdraw funds from their PayPal account directly via ATMs. You might want to investigate that option further...

------------------
Czar
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2001, 12:05 PM   #9
Toonhunt

Unhappy

JJJay hi I am from Fermanagh, why dont you get a relation from the north or the UK to get your checks and post them to you from paypal? Just an idea.
You could put the popuptraffic popups on another page apart from the one the topsite popup appears on, or use a cookie to stop it appearing after the first visitor has seen it and then display the popuptraffic popup.

------------------
Toonhunt.com - Cartoon related sites of the web
cartmans-southpark.co.uk - Animated Southpark site
Toonhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2001, 02:40 PM   #10
JJJay

Unhappy

Hi Toonhunt, Thanks for the tip. I don't have much cash in my paypal account, a couple of hundred as I only started using goclick.com last week. Right now I would prefer to switch over to www.popuptraffic.com as I could receive both searchtraffic and popuptraffic checks together. I'm waiting to see if I can get accepted to www.popuptraffic.com, the only problem again is that I send traffic to a top site I own via a popup window and I don't think SI allow this. Anyway fingers crossed.
Old 06-24-2001, 02:51 PM   #11
Toonhunt

Unhappy

Well as long as its not an exit popup or no other popup appear on the page you should have no problems. I think thats fine in their TOS http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
Toonhunt.com - Cartoon related sites of the web
cartmans-southpark.co.uk - Animated Southpark site
Toonhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2001, 11:03 PM   #12
notibrian

Unhappy

Robert from SI, are the new international affiliates include Malaysian?
notibrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2001, 05:12 AM   #13
Robert from SI

Unhappy

notibrian,

Our policy for for PopUpTraffic will be the same as our search programs. We manually review and evaluate all international webmasters regardless of nation. Everyone is treated the same.
Robert from SI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2001, 05:39 AM   #14
emmzee

Unhappy

If that is your official policy for SI programs, the TOS should reflect this, currently it says:

"*Accounts, webmasters and traffic from the following nations and regions are not allowed, and will not be paid for: All countries currently or formerly known as:"
(big list including Malaysia)

Also Robert, I am still quite erked that I never received any sort of response to any of my emails to you ...

------------------
Darren Hewer
webmaster, www.dosgames.com & www.potofgold.org
dosgames.com is back! Visit for over 200 freeware/shareware DOS games.
"Some people have a way with words, while others ... uhhhhh ... thingy."
emmzee is offline   Reply With Quote