Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2001, 01:46 PM   #1
Mr.NickName
Member.

Unhappy Good Sponzor for a MP3 site

Hi all, after lurking and reading after awhile i thought i might say hi and say that this forum is indeed a discovery.

Thinking what should i say for the first time i realized that lots of people here have a MP3 site, including me. And that many of them have problems with finding a good sponsor since MP3 niche was the first one that started to seriously decline in advertising.

Sponsors dont pay like they used to, i.e. we all used to make like 30 cents a click on 40%CTR myplay.com which made thousands of dollars, now myplay.com is gone as well as other good MP3 affiliate programs. What is the solution?

There is an idea i thought i might suggest here, i m currently testing it on my MP3 site, so, the solution is to promote a free storage sponsor offering your visitors free storage space for storing their MP3 files online, the key here is promoting casual free storage sponsor like a solution for a MP3 surfer, who will likely register and make you some cash.

The affiliate program is called FreeDrive, go to www.free-mp3-music-downloads.net and see how i implemented it , along with some other sponsors for my MP3 site, i hope you`ll find it useful.

I m looking forward to hearing what sponsor do you promote on your mp3 site, or should i say: Do you know of any good sponsor for a MP3 site? What could work on a site like that. Your help would be appreciated.

its hard to make any honest living anymore, hope you help.

Ivan Simurina
Mr.NickName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2001, 05:52 AM   #2
Mr.NickName
Member.

Unhappy

Wont you say anything about this post?

[This message has been edited by Mr.NickName (edited 06-05-2001).]
Mr.NickName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2001, 08:18 AM   #3
kerplunk
Member.

I didn't reply because I don't think you have any hope for finding an advertising solution for your site. Not to be cruel, but that's what I think...
kerplunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2001, 08:43 AM   #4
Czar

Webmaster

Unhappy

I've just had quick look at your site, and was amazed to see that you've done effectively all that you can to draw revenue from your visitors. Your index page is filled with Befree, CJ, Websponsors, Amazon.com and FreeDrive links.

In addition, you've done well to keep your site svelte in order to conserve bandwidth.

Quite honestly, I don't see how you could make any more money from your site than what you presently are. In fact, it's surprising to see that many affiliate networks offer support for an MP3 site, given that most banned such properties from participation in their programs as a result of the media furor that surrounded the Napster case.

------------------
Czar
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote