Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Web publishing business discussion > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-1999, 07:06 AM   #1
petezippy

Question Selling Sites

There has been a lot of discussion lately on this board about selling sites and their value. I know of at least two discussions on this subject; one regarding Juice selling his sites and a very involved discussion regarding ilinktrade. I also saw part of a discussion in which it was mentioned that one way to set the price of a site was .50 per page for the amount of monthly page views. Therefore a site with 100,000 monthly page views would sell for $50,000.00. What are your thoughts on setting the sale price of a site? While I understand that there cannot be any set formula, (ie: some sites have better domain names then others, deal with more popular subjects or are better designed), there must be some type of ballpark formula or range for selling sites and what sites are worth, along with knowledge that people may have with regard to what some sites have been sold and purchased for.
Old 12-14-1999, 07:14 AM   #2
Arn

Cool

I don't know if I buy that "formula".

I think a more accurate measure is based on current income and growth curves of the site.

This is an impossible question to answer in the general, though. http://www.very-cool-stuff.com/ubb/smile.gif

btw, My opinion on iLinktrade is that it's not worth very much. They have no traffic. That's where the money is. I can throw together "yahoo2", but without the traffic, it's worth nothing.

arn
Old 12-14-1999, 09:05 AM   #3
JohnP

Cool

Wow, according to that formula, I could sell my site for $300,000! Time to cash out. http://www.very-cool-stuff.com/ubb/smile.gif

Realistically, when you sell a web site it is a bit like real estate. The thing that should affect the price the most is "cash flow", or how much the site is making in revenue. Also, potential revenue could play a part if someone believes they can improve the revenue of the site with more exposure etc.

Overall, I haven't seen any exact formula, it all depends on the market for the product. If someone wants it, it will probably be sold. http://www.very-cool-stuff.com/ubb/smile.gif
Old 12-14-1999, 11:32 AM   #4
Questy

Lightbulb

General business discussions will be handled at the small business forum. Moving this thread. Join us over there for further discussion.
"Q"
Closed Thread