Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2001, 09:27 AM   #1
ezclan

Angry final nail in the iBoost coffin??

about 20 minutes ago, iBoost pulled the plug on their webdeveloper forum, which of late has been little more than a bash-iBoost fest.

In the past, shutting down the forums was a prelude to shutting operations.. They pulled the WSS forum about two weeks before closing doors there, then the sponsorships.net forum with the same results.

Those of us who take some small pleasure at bashing iBoost (in lieu of hard cash owed), will have to register at www.iboostsucks.com (which is NOT my idea in case anyone wondered)

------------------
Ezclan MPOG Sites
adsinfo@ezclan.com

[This message has been edited by ezclan (edited 07-17-2001).]
ezclan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2001, 10:14 AM   #2
intellected

Cool

www.iboostsucks.com... Wow.

This is why we all should fear dissatisfied customers.
intellected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2001, 12:12 PM   #3
Dave1

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally posted by Chet:
Agreed.

Being the creator of WebsiteSponsors which was acquired by iBoost nearly a year ago I feel for the webmasters that are owed money...I really do.

However doing stuff like that will not get your money any quicker. Do you really think a site like that can actually hurt iBoost more than what it already is?

I think not.

Mmmm well if you let down a bunch of webmasters many of whom are unable/unwilling to take legal recourse against (alleged) fraud how do you think they will fight back?

By creating websites of course.
Dave1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2001, 12:14 PM   #4
Carm

Angry

http://geekvillage.com/ubb/mad.gif http://geekvillage.com/ubb/mad.gif http://geekvillage.com/ubb/mad.gif http://geekvillage.com/ubb/mad.gif http://geekvillage.com/ubb/mad.gif http://geekvillage.com/ubb/mad.gif

basically, that sums everything up
Carm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2001, 12:31 PM   #5
BlazeBox
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Unhappy

The final nail in the iBoost coffin? What coffin?

I don't think there is any coffin bought yet ... I talked with someone high in the iBoost food chain yesterday, and he assured me things were quite allright at iBoost, and even told me all webmasters would be paid. For the time I have known this person he has been a very reliable and trusted guy, so I, for one, am not thinking iBoost will die soon.

Edited for reader's pleasure

[This message has been edited by BlazeBox (edited 07-17-2001).]
BlazeBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2001, 01:25 PM   #6
b2gdotcom

Thumbs down

iBoost will not last. I have talked to someone high in Clear Blue Media who assured me everything was honkey dory and a month later they shut down operations. I don't think that people are going to announce that their company is doing poorly even if it is.

I was also owed money from websitesponsors.com but they said I was cheating because I was rotating sponsors. Chet thought since there wasn't a wss banner on the page, I must have been cheating. All emails were ignored and phone messages never returned.

Also, has ANYONE taken an ad company to small claims court ? Everyone says "Hey you can take them to small claims court etc..." but has anyone really done it with success ? Just curious. Hey look I'm a senior member woohoo !
b2gdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2001, 01:32 PM   #7
Lil_Red

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally posted by b2gdotcom:

Also, has ANYONE taken an ad company to small claims court ? Everyone says "Hey you can take them to small claims court etc..." but has anyone really done it with success ? Just curious. Hey look I'm a senior member woohoo !
Yes, we have taken companies to court in the past who owed us money.

------------------
Webmaster
http://server.com
Lil_Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2001, 02:48 PM   #8
b2gdotcom

Unhappy

Lil_Red, did you win ?
b2gdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2001, 03:03 PM   #9
Lil_Red

Unhappy

Yes, we have won on more than one occasion.

------------------
Webmaster
http://server.com
Lil_Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2001, 06:16 PM   #10
ezclan

Angry

of course, iBoost CLAIMS they will pay out sponserships.net affiliates on a 6 month schedule. They ALSO claimed three months ago, they would pay out websitesponsors affiliates on a two month schedule. No one has received payment.

They are apparently still promoting subPortal, although they have fired all the staff and as the content provider subscriptions run out, they are not being replaced. No one has a clue what is happening with namePlug, nor what happened to all those commissions from domain name sales. (I sold 14 domain names for a $5 commission each. To date, not received a penny.)

the iBoost website still lists sponsorships.net as it has not been updated in nearly a month.

Blazebox, if you talked to someone HIGH in the iBoost foodchain, they you probably talked to one of the perps who have taken hundreds of the affiliates for tens of thousands of dollars. Little wonder he would want to gloss over what has happened.

BTW, there is no one left at iBoost LOW in the food chain. they have all been let go.

------------------
Ezclan MPOG Sites
ezclan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2001, 06:33 PM   #11
Czar

Webmaster

Unhappy

Quote:
They are apparently still promoting subPortal,
Perhaps, though they cancelled their CJ affiliate program for subPortal yesterday.

In addition, all of their ClickXchange programs have become inactive after having run out of funds.

Also, one of their largest properties that was once branded with iBoost headers (TheFreeSite) has been stripped of any reference to iBoost. I won't even begin to speculate as to the reason behind this, but it is interesting to note.

In addition, most of their ad inventory seems to be cross-promoting iBoost properties (ie the "Increase your website traffic today" alert banner).

Even if the company is able to continue operations, things don't look pretty for iBoost right now.

------------------
Czar
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2001, 06:59 PM   #12
JJJay

Unhappy

Czar - Some quick gossip, iboost.com sold www.thefreesite.com back to its original owner Marc McDonald. Anybody who can spell www knew about thefreesite.com, it was one of the hottest properties online and thats why iboost.com wanted it, they also wanted my site last year and offered me $15,000 and a flight to the states, I happily declined. Iboost.com badly neglected thefreesite.com but now that its back in Marc's hands I see it returning to its full glory.
JJJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2001, 07:44 PM   #13
blueball

Unhappy

sh@@@t, and I just brought in some subportal stuff which was not too badly organized. Guess I have to look for some other content then....
Keep going folks, Jens

------------------
WebMaster BlueBallWeb.com
blueball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2001, 07:55 PM   #14
JeremyL

Unhappy

This has been along time coming. They stared either letting people go or forcing them out months ago. When Aaron West left the forums went to **** and all the mods left. They finally realized what was happening and erased our resignation post but we kept a copy http://www.thegeekhost.com/fiboost/ http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif

There is no chance at all that iBoost will survive, no matter what anyone says.
JeremyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2001, 11:01 PM   #15
ValueAd
Member.

Thumbs down

childish
ValueAd is offline   Reply With Quote