Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR PERFORMANCE: Website Promotion, Marketing and Growth > Business Principles > StopScum
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2003, 08:04 PM   #1
GFBSW

Angry Spyware leach

The other day after eading posts here i decided to research anti-theftware. I accidentally opened a page on a site that had advertisements for keyloggers etc. Appeared to be a shady side. I since have had trouble with my computer loading slowly and becoming unstable. Am I paranoid or could they have inserted something into my computer and how can I find out if they did and get rid of it? All help appreciated for this "non-geek".
GFBSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 09:01 PM   #2
Jan

Administrator

Hello, welcome to the "village"

If you don't already have adaware installed on your computer, get it from http://www.lavasoftusa.com/ and run it. That should weed out any nasties that might be lurking
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 11:18 PM   #3
GFBSW

Angry Adcaster Popup

Well since posting I have just received one of those windows looking popups asking if I want to do what they just did to me and if I do to click here for adcaster. What will block them? Could they be who got in my computer?
Old 02-03-2003, 11:29 PM   #4
Jan

Administrator

Did you download adaware yet? That will tell you who the culprits are if that is indeed the case. Give it a try
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 11:38 PM   #5
GFBSW

Talking Loaded

Thanks for the tip. It is loaded. getting ready to run.
Old 05-07-2010, 12:56 PM   #6
djzzero

Default Spyware leach

Theres this other program called Spyware Blaster. You run it, update it, and ask it to block the harmful stuff out, and it doesnt need to be running all the time.
djzzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 12:53 AM   #7
EmilyRTM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFBSW View Post
Well since posting I have just received one of those windows looking popups asking if I want to do what they just did to me and if I do to click here for adcaster. What will block them? Could they be who got in my computer?
Adware means a program that displays advertisements on your computer; and I don't mean the usual advertisements you see on web pages that you visit: adware pop-up advertising windows (or in some cases, say some voice message) on your system are not generated by the websites you happen to visit.
Keyloggers record the keystrokes you type on your computer (some are more sophisticated in capturing screen shots, etc), and either log them or report them to the person who installed them.

You'd better download one anti-spyware/virus software to protect your data on your computer. Do you need any website of it, I can give you some
EmilyRTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 04:15 AM   #8
hunk888

Default seo company

Hello
Hey thanks for these links these links are very useful. I was looking for it from long time.

thank you so much

regards !
hunk888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 02:14 PM   #9
katereber

Very informative and helpful tip Jan.. Very simple explanation yet effective one..
katereber is offline   Reply With Quote