Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Web publishing business discussion > YOUR PERFORMANCE: Website Promotion, Marketing and Growth > Business Principles
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2003, 03:47 PM   #1
Sarke

Default Making a living through websites?

Hey,

I was just curious about a few things.

#1-- how many of you are making a living off of running sites and advertising on them?

#2- for thoes of you who are making a living what kind of sites do you run?

#3- How much (roughly) do you make a month by doing it?

I am just curious ;-) -- I have had a horrible time of finding a job in recent months, and I am looking into doing something like that. Thanks a ton

-Sarke
Sarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 05:47 PM   #2
Czar

Webmaster

You may find answers to #1 and #3 by viewing the results of the poll created within this forum:
http://www.geekvillage.com/forums/sh...threadid=21181

As to what sites are run by those who publish for a living, it's a mixed bag. Some of our members produce strong earnings from humor/greeting card/funpage sites, some from gaming sites, some from lyric sites, some from webmaster resources, some from reselling advertising, some from affiliate mini-sites, and the list goes on.

Find a niche that you believe is underexploited, build a property or product to take advantage of that opportunity and then market it like crazy to your target audience. It doesn't really matter what the site is about, and logic in fact could dictate that you'd face far more obstacles if you set about trying to emulate the success of others by creating similar properties, since you would have to confront established competition.

HTH

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed and Facebook Page to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote