Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2001, 07:37 AM   #1
Toefur

Unhappy Making money from... message boards?

Is it possible at all? Most CPM sponsors say in their terms that they don't accept them (which is all well and good).

But my message boards really are eating up a lot of bandwidth!

I would be happy with a VERY low CPM if it were even possible.

But yeah... anyone got suggestions for how I can make money (just enough to pay for hosting, which isnt much really) from my message boards?

------------------
toefur.com - internet for the boggled
Toefur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2001, 08:43 AM   #2
malibber

Unhappy

I would suggest CPA Affiliate programs through C.J., Linkshare and BeFree that are compatible with the content of your forums. I looked at your forum, and you have topics that should be suitable for these types of programs.
malibber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2001, 09:40 AM   #3
Swamper

Unhappy

Your boards shouldn't eat up that much bandwidth - if you're admin on your own server then try installing mod gzip on apache, you'll save a ton of bandwidth..

Also with regards to your cafepress stores - you might look into displaying all your tshirt designs on 1 page, so that if people wish to purchase more than 1 shirt they don't have to be billed for shipping twice..

For an example see here

Swamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2001, 12:02 PM   #4
emmzee
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Unhappy

Here's an idea, I don't know how successfull it would be, but ...

What about having co-registration offers whenever someone registers on the board? For example, whenever someone signs up to be a member on the board, have a checkbox at the bottom to sign up with Cybergold or something. I know that Websponsors will set you up for this sort of thing, and I think DirectLeads offers a co-reg thing for their MyCoupons program. Of course this will take some CGI knowledge ...

Also what about that new banner exchange / CPM program bannerbase.com? It's new but supposedly offers 5:1 banner exchange plus $0.10 CPM for up to 300,000 impressions per month. I would join that program, but I'm going to wait until the monthly limit is increased. http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
Darren Hewer
webmaster, www.dosgames.com & www.potofgold.org
dosgames.com is back! Visit for over 200 freeware/shareware DOS games.
"Some people have a way with words, while others ... uhhhhh ... thingy."
emmzee is offline   Reply With Quote