Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2001, 09:48 PM   #1
mp3next
Member.

Unhappy How Do The Big Boys Do It?

how do the big sites like goclick.com (which hasn't been around for long) get like 1,900,000 hits monthly? is it all a matter of money, or spam? help me understand...

thanks
mp3next is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2001, 10:56 PM   #2
Czar

Webmaster

Unhappy

In GoClick's case, the majority of traffic has come from their two appealing affiliate programs (searchbox and popunders). Thus, they're paying for the privilege.

Others establish partnerships with larger properties, launch large (commercial or guerrila) marketing campaigns, or strike it lucky by developing something in-synch with the psyche of their users that grows virally.

There's no magic pill, but spam is definitely to be avoided.

------------------
Czar
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2001, 04:32 AM   #3
Lil_Red

Unhappy

Goclick also uses linkexchange to let people know they exist.

------------------
Webmaster
http://server.com
Lil_Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2001, 08:55 AM   #4
SSacobie

Unhappy

I think programs like Goclick's are smart. Not generally the best for web publishers, but definitely a cheap way to build traffic quickly. Since they readjust payment to make it so they make back automatically (not to mention repeat business) what they lose, that makes it entirely risk free.
SSacobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2001, 10:30 AM   #5
barnidge
Member.

Unhappy

How long would it take to design a site similar to goclick.com? How any people do you think are required to maintain such a site? It seems incredibly profitable.

thanks
barnidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2001, 12:25 PM   #6
Musiclover

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally posted by barnidge:
How long would it take to design a site similar to goclick.com
The design ? As in the lay-out and gfx ?
Give me one hour. http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif

Quote:
Originally posted by barnidge:
thanks
Your welcome. http://geekvillage.com/ubb/wink.gif

------------------
  • News Board : Under construction. Well actually two people are working on it and I just watch.
  • Screenshot !
Musiclover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2001, 11:00 PM   #7
JakeJeck

Unhappy

hmm, right now when I click any of the Search Topics(Entertainment, Collectibles) or type in a search term I get page cannot be displayed.

That's not good.
JakeJeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2001, 11:55 PM   #8
mp3next
Member.

Smile

thanks for all the support, well i'm going to build a site sort of like goclick.com i can send at least 20k of traffic from my other sites when it starts and i will yes start some affilite programs hehe... i'm also going to be talking to doubleclick because i'm not going to start such a site without support from them... goclick seems to be a huge sucess i'd also like to be one too... hehe i'm already building the script...

thanks for all the helpful info everyone...

go anymore comments?? http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif
mp3next is offline   Reply With Quote