Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2001, 07:06 AM   #1
Martin64

Post Complaint: Zonify

Martin Nathell
Affiliate ID#: d8hIkidI
Site: http://www.emulation64.com

Zonify has not paid me for traffic I've sent from 2001-07-22 to 2001-10-03. During this time, I served 1617282 banners. I used their $0.15 CPM campaign. $0.15 * 1617.282 = $242,60. So, the outstanding balance is roughly $242.

I have had good contact with Zonify in the past, but they haven't replied to my e-mails since 2001-10-02. Since then, I have mailed Zonify 3 times without a reply. My most recent e-mail was sent out 2001-11-13, informing Zonify that I would post an official complaint at geek/talk if they did not reply to my e-mail. In the mail I also asked why I hadn't received a check yet. I used the e-mail address martin@emulation64.com to do so.

According to the Zonify website, they pay net 35, which means that I should have received my first check early October.

I tried my best solving this problem through the mails I've sent to Zonify, but since they weren't willing to answer them I had to post this complaint. Your turn Zonify.

Last edited by Martin64; 11-20-2001 at 07:08 AM.
Old 11-20-2001, 09:06 AM   #2
Edwin

NOTE: I am NOT from Zonify. I am simply trying to shed more light on this complaint.

This is direct from the Zonify website:-

"Frequency of Payments: Zonify pays it's publishers net 60. Meaning if you made money in July you would get a check for it wthin the first week of October. In order to receive a check a publisher must have a balance of $50 or more in their account. If $50 has not been accumulated the amount will be added to the next month's total. No Publisher will be payed unless we receive payment from advertiser first."

So immediately from that paragraph, it's clear:-

A) They're not as late as you described it in your complaint
B) They have the right not to pay you if they have not (yet) received payment from the Advertiser

There are multiple ways some of the paragraph can be interpreted. One possible way of interpreting it would be that you will receive your money 60 days after you reach the $50 threshold. So if in July you didn't make $50, your payment carried over into August. In August, if you passed the $50 threshold, you were then entitled to be paid Net 60 - which would make it right around now that you should be seeing the check pop through your mailbox.

Doubtless Zonify's representative can provide a more comprehensive reading of their policy.
Old 11-20-2001, 10:42 AM   #3
Czar

Webmaster

And if and when that Zonify rep chooses to respond to this thread, he should ensure that his response conforms to the guidelines as set out within Item 5 of our posting guide.

Just to remind others, and to inform our many new members, positive comments may be made to this thread if they assist in resolving the issue at hand (such as Edwin's post above), but no negative posts are to be made here.

Others are free to post their complaints about this or any other ad network by starting a thread of their own and conforming to Item 5.

After Zonify has had their say, this thread will be locked and the issue considered closed on this forum.

Thanks all for your anticipated cooperation.

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed and Facebook Page to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV

Last edited by Czar; 11-20-2001 at 10:44 AM.
Closed Thread