Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2003, 01:07 PM   #1
masm50

Default Default chain order

How do you guys chain your defaults?

I'm currently with Burst, Fastclick, FocusIn, Valueclick, Zonify, Joetec, *****, Compact Banner

I currently have Fastclick as my primary, with most defaults going to Burst, and the remainder from Fastclick, and the defaults from Burst split pretty equally among the rest.

The question is basically - Is it better to go
Burst -> Fastclick

OR

Fastclick -> Burst

As these are my two main networks

Cheers

Tim
masm50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2003, 09:18 PM   #2
Czar

Webmaster

Personally, I use FastClick as a primary and Burst as a secondary on the sites that both support. I gather that this doesn't make a huge difference, though, since both are so closely comparable as far as banners go. In fact, one could argue that placing Burst first increases a site's chance of landing a targeted campaign simply since the creatives are assured priority of placement.

If you can get into TribalFusion, run them first so as to avoid having to decide. Otherwise, the decision depends on which you prefer, and whether you use Burst's popup creatives, which could perhaps interfere with those from FastClick if Burst's code is prioritized.

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed and Facebook Page to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote