Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR CREATION: Building & Maintaining A Web Site > Web Design and Webmaster Issues
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2001, 01:10 PM   #1
notibrian

Unhappy free news like moreover.com?

just wondering is there any good free(or little monthly fees) news provider like moreover.com?
notibrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2001, 01:55 PM   #2
sdarken

Unhappy

Try isyndicate.com

- Simon
sdarken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2001, 01:56 PM   #3
singloon

GeekGuide

Unhappy

well i am using moreover.com on a site section i created 3 days ago www.infilmbox.com/oscars/ (right column) http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif

there's also isyndicate.com, and newshub.com

------------------[*]Australian Neon Genesis Evangelion[*]film - writers - reviewers - reporters - designers[*]FanBuy.com indevelopment
singloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2001, 12:14 AM   #4
notibrian

Unhappy

thanks guys for your replies ... after surfing through the 2 sites ... moreover.com is still the best http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif

anyway, i plan to create a 'news' site with lots of category of news by using moreover.com ... what do you think?
Old 01-27-2001, 12:25 AM   #5
singloon

GeekGuide

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally posted by notibrian:
thanks guys for your replies ... after surfing through the 2 sites ... moreover.com is still the best http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif

anyway, i plan to create a 'news' site with lots of category of news by using moreover.com ... what do you think?
hmm.. not sure if it's moreover.com but the news i embedded in my above site might be slowing the loading of my site a bit.. wonder if an entire site with moreover.com content might make the site slow ?

------------------[*]Australian Neon Genesis Evangelion[*]film - writers - reviewers - reporters - designers[*]FanBuy.com indevelopment
singloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2001, 09:21 AM   #6
notibrian

Unhappy

yup you are right, i reliased that as well with my mp3 news page.

if i am not wrong, moreover.com uses a very long script for displaying the news, thus will no doubt slowing down the loading speed of the page.

as for my news site, i will try not to put any news on the main page, and for the news page, i 'think' people are willing to wait for 3 - 5 seconds more for lastest 30 headlines http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif