Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR FRIENDS: The geek/talk Community > Archives of the best threads
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2004, 03:29 PM   #46
lookfindnow
Member.

I was just thinking if companies dont think this would hurt there business than why doesnt microsoft sell mac on there website. Thats right there competiting for the sales.
Old 06-21-2004, 11:43 AM   #47
aandn

Smile

I gave up on Amazon about a year ago. Once their aff program turned into an attempt for free advertising on my sites . I got better things to do then trying to promote an aff program that pays 36 cents per month (with more than 2000 clicks per month from my siteÖ..yeah right ). I replaced amazon by ClickBank products. Much better commission rates and much better converting products. Iím using an auto product feed (Adsense type of thing ) to my pages and it works excellent so far. Check it out here http://users.bigpond.net.au/click2/CBprosense/
Old 08-28-2004, 05:47 AM   #48
Nintendo
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Arg! I think I've found something that makes Amazon look really bad!! Yesterday I had one item ship through Art.com, yet it generated $40.67 in earnings! The item cost $162.67. If the item had been ordered on Amazon last quarter, it might of generated $10.00 max. When it comes to doing new Amazon stuff, I said Bye-Bye Amazon six months ago!!!!!
Old 08-28-2004, 09:16 AM   #49
MarkJH

I get 30% commission minimum from Art.com but it makes me nowhere near as much as Amazon does. I probably get about 1/10 the sales. Just because it has a much higher commission, doesn't mean you can make as much. At least on my site, anyway.
Old 08-28-2004, 02:30 PM   #50
CPMNewbie

Nintendo,

Just curious, if you've given up on Amazon, why continue to promote the mod rewrite script that you offer? Isn't it unethical to sell something that you yourself believe is a lost cause?

Just curious.

CPMNewbie
Old 08-28-2004, 03:03 PM   #51
Nintendo

Because compaired to not using them, I make way more with them. I never stoped using them, just stoped making more Amazon pages! I got them on 12 stores, and four content sites. Some people are still making thousands a quarter with them, on a non-holiday quarter!
Old 09-14-2004, 01:09 PM   #52
girl
Member.

I joined amazon pretty recently and although i have sent some traffic their way, I havent had a sale....will keep them on for the next few months....then I will dump them
Old 09-14-2004, 05:09 PM   #53
Nintendo

How much is 'some traffic'? How are you sending them visitors? If it's just a few links, you'll never send them a lot of traffic unless you get a ton of visitors. Don't dump them until after December 20th.
Old 09-14-2004, 05:50 PM   #54
georgec

I think Google Adsense basically took the wind out from AWS's sails. There were so many instances where I would have gone with AWS had Adsense not been around. Only place I'm still using AWS is to display a list of top selling JavaScript books, more as a useful resource than anything else.