Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-1999, 05:02 AM   #1
WildComputer

Cool JohnsonLane / Future Card - arghhhh

What has happened - arghhhh

futurecard.com and johnsonlane.com lead to "WorldSpy" now

The resource center doesn't work

The futurecard affiliate affiliate link doesn't work anymore

The resource center worked yesterday (it even showed me getting leads)

Does anybody know what's going on

------------------
Add your site - to the top 100 - affiliate programs, free stuff, shareware, cars, games, sports....
www.hits4me.com/custom/
WildComputer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-1999, 05:43 AM   #2
WildComputer

Cool

It's back now

Actually JL is good and pay on time, so apart from this glitch this doesn't apply to them : I'm getting really fed up with all these credit card offers. So much darn hassle to earn a few hundred extra per month.

Anybody know any good credit cards per-lead (preferably pay on application not on approval) offers/programs ?

------------------
Add your site - to the top 100 - affiliate programs, free stuff, shareware, cars, games, sports....
www.hits4me.com/custom/
Old 09-22-1999, 10:04 AM   #3
kris
Member.

Cool

WC,

I sent them probably hundreds and maybe thousands of hits since i started but i only got like 2 approvals. Is this happening to you too?
kris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-1999, 02:15 PM   #4
fairhousing
Member.

Wink

you trying to win a contest for the most post wildcomputer, hehe.

i know you'll reply http://www.very-cool-stuff.com/ubb/wink.gif

------------------
My Site Got Hacked, But I'm Coming Back www.birminghamnet.com

fairhousing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-1999, 07:02 PM   #5
uonline

Cool

WC I just checked how many votes I have on your top site 29, woohooo~! ok but to the point you have like 4 of the same dudes page just though I be the janitor and clean that up for ya http://www.very-cool-stuff.com/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
Webmaster of ADcash
- give your website a sponsor -

http://www.homestead.com/adcash/index.html
uonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-1999, 07:06 PM   #6
uonline

Cool

a fairhousing, i think he already won, I just noticed that link LOL http://www.very-cool-stuff.com/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
Webmaster of ADcash
- give your website a sponsor -

http://www.homestead.com/adcash/index.html
uonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-1999, 11:12 PM   #7
WildComputer

Cool

No I'm fairly happy with JohnsonLane. I average 1 or 2 leads on them per day. This is a conversion rate for me of about 1 in 10. Incidentally I'm sure that they pay for completed applications (whether approved or not) assuming they are unique, genuine, etc.

I've also tried some others:

NextCard (using Websponsors) - I had a few last couple of months. About 1/30th conversion ratio. I think they pay for *approved* applications

Merrick Bank (used to be in Websponsors, but sadly gone). I think this was per acceptable application like Johnson Lane. Conversion rate was like 1/20th or so

Now trying CreditNow (Commission Junction). This is per acceptable application (I sent them e-mail to ask). So far only 1 lead from about 40 uniques, but too early to do the stats probably. Disappointed with this so far.

Overall I'd say
- Johnsonlane is the best one
- i only get good conversion because I have a little site about credit cards, and then work on driving US credit card traffic to it from everywhere else I can, plus search engines
- Everybody I know whose tried credit cards in banner circulation has similar results to you Kris. Basically unless you have a credit card site or mini-site - there's probably more lucrative ways to use your banner space.

------------------
www.hits4me.com/custom/
Old 09-22-1999, 11:17 PM   #8
WildComputer

Cool

Just got another creditnow. Will tell you how i do in a month or so.

Incidentally my conversion rates are falling. I did much better a couple of months ago.

------------------
www.hits4me.com/custom/