Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-1999, 03:55 PM   #1
WebsiteSponsors
Member.

Default Banner Brokers

Hello everyone. I am trying to get Banner Brokers to answer back my emails but they don't seem to want to. I have been emailing them for over a week now and still no response.

What I am trying to email them about is to ask them why they charge a $10 application fee to join their sponsor program. Also their terms and conditions page says that the fee is reimbursed at the first payment "if" you are approved.

So I asked them if a person doesn't get approved would they still get their $10 fee back?

If I don't hear back from them soon, I am going to have to put their program in my directory as a "Non Recommended" sponsor.

I don't think it is fair to have to give them money just to apply for their program. Especially if you don't get it back if you are dissaproved.

Anyone with any feedback or info for me I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Chet
http://www.very-cool-stuff.com/ubb/smile.gif
WebsiteSponsors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-1999, 06:33 PM   #2
NanoTech

Hi,

Good question. BannerBrokers is one of the only programs that charges to join. I think that they should accecpt sites for free, yet I think the $10 application fee discourages those with small sites who will not generate enough traffic to clutter the program. Fourantely, I joined in June of 98 before they put the $10 fee into effect. Chances are they will accecpt you, as they accecpted my cheap ISP page back in June. If they do, its well worth it (its refundable). Last year I made about $10,000. Thats pretty good for a 16 year-old! I am assuming your page is better than mine was and will probably generate much more revenue. If not accecpted, its only a $10 loss. I have always been paid prompty my them, and recommend all their programs (bannersolutions, bannerbrokers, and banneranswers). I would recommend them more, though, if they removed their $10 application fee, if made it refundable if accecpted. Hope this helps.

Dave

PS- You may wanna try calling their toll-free number. I have talked to the owner, Roger many times, and he seems very nice.
NanoTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-1999, 06:34 PM   #3
NanoTech

Hi (again),

Does anyone on here currently advertise BannerBrokers? If you do, are your stats updated in real-time? It says on the site they are, but mine are updated nightly at midnight. Is this just me?

Dave
Old 04-05-1999, 06:46 PM   #4
WebsiteSponsors
Member.

Thanks for the info Dave http://www.very-cool-stuff.com/ubb/smile.gif

Banner Brokers was my very first sponsor about 2 years ago. I have recieved two payments from them.

Though I haven't bothered with them to much lately, the last time I checked, stats were updated in real time.

I just checked my account stats and noticed that I still have a balance of $16. What is the minimum payment? If I remember right, it was $15?

Thanks,
Chet
Old 04-05-1999, 06:58 PM   #5
NanoTech

Hi,

Thanks for the info also about the stats. The minimum payout is $10 currently. Their other programs minuimum payout has been raised to $100 though, due to the postage increase.

Dave
Old 04-12-1999, 04:39 PM   #6
Denny

Quite frankly, any site that charges YOU to advertise for THEM is either 1) a fraud, or 2) making their money off of affiliates or 3) both 1 and 2.

If they want to eliminate those who are not serious, the better bet is to just look over the sites of those who sign up. It's usually quickly clear who is serious, and who is not.

------------------
--->Dr. Dennis Mintun, CEO
The Royal Den Publishing Corporation
(http://www.royal-den.com/)
Denny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-1999, 05:27 PM   #7
WildComputer

I agree it's a bad thing especially for banner programs.

They should be paying you!
WildComputer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-1999, 08:57 PM   #8
Steve_S
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Hi WebsiteSponsors,

<Hello everyone. I am trying to get Banner Brokers to answer back my emails but they don't seem to want to. I have been emailing them for over a week now and still no response.>

I'm just woundering if your mail server is working properly given your post and the bounced mail I just got on this BB for you. No biggie, but you might want to check. Iv'e still got the trace if you need it.

------------------
Best Regards,
Steve_S
www.very-cool-stuff.com
Your Administrator

Steve_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-1999, 02:30 PM   #9
WebsiteSponsors
Member.

Ya, I am having problems with my email right now with my hosting company.

I have been giving BB my isp email address which is working fine.

Old 04-13-1999, 11:18 PM   #10
NanoTech

Hi,

I know about 3 people on IRC who signed up with BannerBrokers this past week, and all were accecpted. Therefore, they will get their $10 back. They currently pay 12 cents/click, and you can get up to 20 if you get over 750 clicks/half month. Thats pretty good.

About them responding to email. I have found that if you use their contact form on their site, they do not respond. If you need to contact them, either call on the phone (there is a toll-free # on the site) or email either roger@bannerbrokers.com or mike@bannerbrokers.com. When I called, they answered my questions immediatley. When I emailed, it took about 2 days for a response. I dont actually know why they implemented the $10 signup fee, but its worth it if you get accecpted. (Hopefully, if we all complain alot, they will remove it.) I have always been paid on time with them, and have never had any problems regarding the arrivial of checks. If you dont mind the $10 refundable fee, I recommend them.

Dave