Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPA Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2009, 08:21 PM   #46
motivebrendan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czar View Post
Thanks for such a comprehensive ramble... Uh, I mean, commentary.

That's pretty much my view as well. I asked without disclaiming anything in advance because I actually was a DirectTrack Network customer for a couple of years; using the system primarily to manage affiliate programs on behalf of my company's clients. We chose that system in the belief that we were future-proofing ourselves so that we could use it to roll out a full-blown regional network if we felt that the market was there, but we unfortunately found it too inflexible for our needs and didn't want to be locked in to using a system that we couldn't build upon using our in-house development talent.

As an affiliate, I've long had a similar impression. I use and admire DirectLeads.com, but don't see much value in most of the DirectTrack networks that exist, particularly since several seem to be reselling offers from other networks. While DirectTrack certainly is robust enough to power a network, I personally get the impression that those who are prepared to develop their own technology are often those who are prepared also to invest into proactive sales teams and affiliate management services. This is all very subjective, of course, but I've always had the best relationships and the best success when dealing with networks that do run on proprietary technology.
We have run similar paths I made the call not to use DT at a time when truthfully i should have - but in the end it worked out..
motivebrendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 03:06 PM   #47
s12345

a great topic and some really useful information
s12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 02:11 AM   #48
MBTlover520

Smile

Thank you very much!It is very usseful for me.
MBTlover520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 07:49 PM   #49
Czar

Webmaster

Hi OnlineMedia and welcome to Geek/Talk.

These days, unless you have a well established brand and high visibility online, the best way to manage a program is through one of the leading affiliate networks. This helps to instil trust, as superaffiliates know they will be paid on predictable terms, while giving you instant access to a broad base of affiliates; saving you the substantial cost often associated with marketing a standalone affiliate program.

Once the program is in place, communicating with pro affiliates via forums such as this, SitePoint, WebmasterWorld, ReveNews, 5StarAffiliates and others will keep you on the radar. Personal relationships still drive a lot of decisions in this industry, so if superaffiliates grow to like and trust you as an affiliate manager, they're more likely to actively push your program.

I hope this helps,

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed and Facebook Page to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 05:58 AM   #50
bloomtools1

I would share about affiliate marketer but i think more than sharing i gained a lot from this about affiliate marketing.
bloomtools1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 01:10 AM   #51
hughbelle

Im still a newbie in IM. im learning many things by reading your posts. thanks peps
hughbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 03:32 PM   #52
emilsudak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilatus View Post
Cluelessness seems to be a state of mind I'm in for most real life stuff

Sold a whooping 5 items with amazon so far
fyeah im with amazon too and so far no sales but i just bstarted a month ago. Although couple of my website pages are already on google page one
emilsudak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 01:51 PM   #53
raikis

I am newbie Thank you very much! for topic
raikis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 04:44 AM   #54
ropemediahouse

Well, nice post. Thanks for sharing the tips with us, very informative seem like discussion in the shade.
ropemediahouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 05:14 AM   #55
alauddinkaka

Excellent. I read the post. It is very helpful to all specially Newbie affiliate member.
alauddinkaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 05:17 AM   #56
alauddinkaka

I am also a newbie member of this forum.
alauddinkaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 03:40 AM   #57
nareshkush

Even before selecting specific sponsors, be sure that you know what your site is about. And make it a fairly tight focus.Also consider the amount of competition in certain categories (financial, music, etc), compared to some other, less competative topic. In the first case, you could be the "low man on the totem pole," but in the second case, your could be the "big fish in a small pond," which could potentially get a better financial bottom line.
If you are good at SEO, know how to work with datafeeds and customize them with lots of unique content so they don't look like cookie cutter sites you can do quite well. There are even tools like the IPC that help you build custom sites in around a minute without having to do any datafeed programming
nareshkush is offline   Reply With Quote