Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2001, 04:34 AM   #1
scnofx
Member.

Unhappy NEW blind links program launched - ClickHere2Surf.com

ClickHere2Surf.com has just been launched!

We pay 1 cent per click and also have popup programs. The main page will be completly redesigned soon but you can sign up now and start getting paid!

Once the site receives very high traffic, we will get more sponsors and will increase pay rates, please sign up now to make this program grow higher payrates in the near future. Remember, if no one signs up now, the program will never get good, please support ClickHere2Surf.com and sign up now!

Thanks

ClickHere2Surf.com

webmaster@clickhere2surf.com

[This message has been edited by scnofx (edited 04-03-2001).]
scnofx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2001, 04:55 AM   #2
scnofx
Member.

Unhappy

I forgot to mention that I may remove the popups (maybe leave one or two that pop up once per day or week with a cookie).

If the program isn't too successful as it is, I'll simply change it to a second click-thru and increase payrate to 2 cents, but as it's going now, I won't have to do that!

Thanks

ClickHere2Surf.com
Old 04-03-2001, 05:20 AM   #3
demae

Unhappy

Hello scnofx,

There's one question that would be foremost on many webmasters' minds: What is your advantage over AllClicks? What can we do with your program that AllClicks does not allow?
demae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2001, 05:38 AM   #4
scnofx
Member.

Unhappy

Great question, here are the advantages over AllClicks:
-Customizable page (make ClickHere2Surf.com match your site so people don't even know that they aren't on your site anymore!)
-Blindlinks/popup/popunder programs all on the same website in the same account
-Allows MP3 sites
-Payrate will increase with time as the site gets a lot of traffic

I hope this answered your question, please sign up now!

Thanks

------------------
Customizable blind link & popup program! Sign up now:
ClickHere2Surf.com

webmaster@clickhere2surf.com
Old 04-03-2001, 05:52 AM   #5
Czar

Webmaster

Question

scnofx, the other question on prospective members' minds will be:

Why would a site sign up with you when they could just as easily establish their own page of this type, and link to that via links and popups (and then keep 100% of the revenue generated through the page)?

I posed this question in an earlier discussion about your program, but you seemed to think that I was incinuating setting up blind links or popups that go directly to CJ merchants, rather than to a page filled with CJ (and other) links such as yours.

------------------
Czar
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2001, 06:07 AM   #6
Robert from SI
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Unhappy

I've been being polite and staying away from these threads as I feel there is always room for more players.

But being that AllClicks is now being compared to this site/program I think I need to point out a few advantages of our program.

-Payout is 300% higher.
-Fewer popups.
-No time delayed popups.
-Payments on time and in full for 2 years (as opposed to Sacha's own words "With all these features I SHOULD be able to pay my affiliates.) My emphasis on the "should."

On other items Sacha has stated that the first payment "will be few weeks late." If the first payment is a few weeks late, the 2nd payment will be due 7 days after the 1st payment mails. How will you accomplish that?

Also, you're being much too smug with your statments about writing a fraud dection script "that is impossible to cheat." It is always possible to cheat.

I think you had really better think this thru Sacha.
Robert from SI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2001, 06:25 AM   #7
scnofx
Member.

Unhappy

Robert, thanks for your comments.

I will be able to pay all honest affiliates, I have enough money for that. If I ever start having problems I'll change it to a second click thru but as it's going now, first click-thru tracking is working great. I already have a few affiliates but none of them sent valid hits yet (1 member sent a hit that was discarded either because he/she is cheating, or was simply testing his link)

Also, I programmed the tracking program myself and honesttly don't see how it could be possible to cheat it.

Thanks

I have to go, more comments later.
Old 04-03-2001, 07:16 AM   #8
Edwin

Unhappy

Ok, seems like we have a classic chicken-and-egg situation here: how can a service get big when it has to start small / how can a service compete "big" when it starts small...

Here are a few suggestions (at a minimum):-

A) Get a REAL lawyer to write some very tight Terms and Conditions, Privacy etc. documents for your site.

B) Put money aside ahead of time in a business account at a major bank and have them write a letter to the effect that they are holding this money to pay affiliates, then scan the letter and post it on the site. My suggestion: $10,000 *absolute bare-bones minimum*

C) Start answering questions much more PROFESSIONALLY. Note that there is nothing wrong with your enthusiasm, but your answers are not what I would term "professionally reassuring"

Even with the above you've got a massive uphill struggle, but at least you'll be giving yourself a chance.

Oh, and if you don't have a cushion of at least US$10,000 to launch the service on, then frankly I wouldn't bother in this current market! The times of get-rich-quick with no risk are over.

Edwin

------------------
Free Email Address Directory: 1,000+ free email services. http://www.emailaddresses.com/
Edwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2001, 07:33 AM   #9
zMan

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally posted by scnofx:
I programmed the tracking program myself and honesttly don't see how it could be possible to cheat it.
Either you're too naive or over-confident that no one can beat your software. Trust us, no matter how good your software is, cheating will take place. http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
zMan
zMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2001, 08:07 AM   #10
Musiclover

Unhappy

Hmm, they do allow Mp3 sites...

Since those sites have been kicked out of almost every sponsor program I think there are quite some mp3 webmasters that are interested in the program.
Musiclover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2001, 08:48 AM   #11
Steve_S
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Arrow

Hi scnofx,

Best of luck with your program. Could you please immediately change your email of record with this BB to one that works. This prevents bounced mail which comes back to me when you turn on the email notify in your topic. Thank you.

------------------
Steve_S
Administrator/Owner/Webmaster/Tribal Chief/Janitor
Read what our Members think of geek/talk.
"Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents, which in prosperous circumstances would have lain dormant." -Horace
Steve_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2001, 10:24 AM   #12
pearce6
Member.

Unhappy

the program is obviously relying on other people to pay b4 they get their money. What makes this even more frightening is that one of their sponsors is www.modchip.com that are renound for not paying. Also entering the MP3 market i think is a good move because you cant ignroe this market (SI take note) however the rate of cheating that goes on is probably more.

A good warez/mp3 banner popup comany might do well however but obviously the big boys like SI have allready thought of this one? Any comments on this SI
pearce6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2001, 10:46 AM   #13
pk

Unhappy

scnofx,
once again, i think you need to learn how to design a website first. Your site crashed my IE twice! You think anyone would join a website like that? take a look at clickheretofind, it's professional.
I think a grade 5 kid can make a website like yours.

NO OFFENSE! Trust me! http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif

------------------[*]Webmaster Of CelebritiesZones[*]YourName@CelebritiesZones.com Free E-mail
pk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2001, 12:08 PM   #14
xuniverse
Member.

Unhappy

a few things to scnofx:

If you ever expect to be paid by cj.com you are very wrong. The merchants who's ads your serving will visit your website someday and realize that its junk. This will earn you no money and owe people money.

Plus, you say that you can pay any honest webmaster. I would love to see how you would handle 100,000 hits in a day. Besides crashing the server, you would owe $1,000 which you cannot pay.

I got the impression from talking to you that you are a beginning webmaster (because of the terms you used... designs... etc...) I think you started out in the wrong business. You will quickly find that you are in debt and that you have alot of angry webmasters about to sue you.

Plus... Why in the world would you launch your *company* with a lacking webpage? It would make much more sense to *launch* when you have everything in working order.. so that you would send out good impressions...

I personally think that you have lost any chance of any member of this forum joining your company. I think this for a few reasons: you seem to be in a rush (just 1 week ago you were asking how to start a ppc engine), so far you have been anything but professional, and the fact that you are very young is not very settling in peoples minds when it comes to payment.

Anyone of us webmasters could start exactly what you just made TODAY. We could offer much better advertisers (because of our knowladge of the net), and we would create it with a much better layout and much more friendly. You should wonder why we have never done this... because we realize it is not a profitable biz unless your as big as SI.

xuniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2001, 02:02 PM   #15
wcmike

Unhappy

scnofx- Yes, your site definitly needs a makeover. Your member statistics seem rather professional, however. (At least once your site has a new design it will look better)
May I ask what program you are using for your stats?

------------------
BannerSmile Network - Banner exchange that gives a 3:2 ratio, click bonuses, and 500 free exposures for joining.
wcmike is offline   Reply With Quote