Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPA Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2006, 05:07 PM   #1
Larwee

GeekGuide

Question What would make you fall in love with CPA programs?

There were some interesting replies when I started this thread called What do you hate about CPA programs http://www.geekvillage.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=26204

There were also many interesting replies when I turned it around in this thread and asked What do you like about CPA programs http://www.geekvillage.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=26307

I have decided to take it to another level with this thread called What would make you fall in love with CPA programs?

The hope is that this will generate responses from people who are using or have used CPA programs and just aren't all that pleased with them as well as people who are using them and are satisfied with them but would like to see things improve.

This type of information can be helpful to people who are just getting started as well as people who are considering CPA programs but have a lot of questions about them.

Several years ago I was a big CPA fan. I still participate in several CPA programs but I'm not all that excited with them. But I know there are many things I could do that would get me much more excited over the income produced by them.

In my case it is a matter of time and spending more time doing the things I really like to do, as well as being a little spoiled.

I love producing content a lot more than I enjoy dealing with everything required to get CPA programs to produce as well as they are capable of producing, and under the right circumstances it is possible to have some outstanding earnings with CPA programs.

I got spoiled by Google's AdSense. When you find what works for you, it is just a matter of placing the code and not worrying about it. Besides the sites that I like to produce just happen to work very well with AdSense.

There are sites that don't do well with AdSense and probably wouldn't do well with any of the AdSense clones. Some of them get better results with CPM or CPA programs.

Of course not everyone is going to have the same opinion if for no other reason than not everyone has the same type of sites.

I would instantly fall in love with CPA programs if one of the big names came up with a good contextual CPA program.

You bet! I would be so happy that I would start dancing in the street, hire some cheerleaders to shout C-P-A and get a giant CPA tattoo on my chest.

The important issue with this is it must be one of the big names and it must be a good contextual CPA program. They would have lots of advertisers, there wouldn't be the worry about getting paid or any of the various other concerns caused with small and/or new operations.

Google has contextual CPM. I would love to see them add contextual CPA. Maybe Yahoo will consider doing it when they get things working better with their Yahoo Publisher Network. It would be nice if Microsoft would offer it when their MSN adCenter has a program for publishers.

I love producing content sites and I had them and enjoyed them long before AdSense arrived. In fact, I was doing them before Google went into business.

For people such as myself who enjoy making content sites, contextual CPA would be terrific. It would allow us to do what we like doing and also enjoy some of the potential good financial rewards that can be achieved with CPA.

How about you? Is there something you would like to see that would make you like CPA programs more? Do you have some suggestions for those who run CPA programs that you feel would make their programs much more attractive?

What would make you fall in love with CPA programs?
Larwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 05:37 PM   #2
wsz

I am already in love with CPA.

The issue here is sorting through the many programs/campaigns/networks out there. And finding a good fit for you, personally.

A good idea is an easy action, even if each one pays less than a difficult action. An example would be balancing, say, $2 for a good, legit, credit card application compared to $20 for an approved, issued card.

Running simple, easy lead offers is great. I sent them the prospect (and got paid a small amount), and now it is their responsibility to generate a larger revenue from that customer.

On the other hand, I try to do all types of payment-structures. The easy-cheap, up to the hard-expensive commissions. A 25-cent form, up to a $100 credit card merchant account. (Along with, of course, CPC and CPM networks that I mostly leave on "autopilot.") But, mostly, my CPA revenue is in between.

Also, loving CPA is related to your content, and how you present it. It is vital to integrate text links into your content. Make it into a personal communication... "This product, which relates to this article, is cool," rather that just slapping some generic banner up at the top of the article.

Last edited by wsz; 03-07-2006 at 05:40 PM.
wsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 06:36 PM   #3
Catalyst

Hi Larwee,

You should do write nice long thought provoking thread starters. I hope lots of people weigh in on this one. I don't have time to comment now and my carpal is hurting, but I'll try to come back to read the other comments and reply when I get a chance.
Catalyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 08:13 PM   #4
Rivux
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

I believe Larwee was a US Senator in a previous life (or possibly in this one, who knows!).

As for what would make me fall in love with CPA, I agree with the point Larwee made about a contextual cpa program, that would very nice. The big drawback for me is the amount of time it takes to manage CPA vs CPC/M. If they made it less of a hassle (like contextual) I would be a bigger fan.
Rivux is offline   Reply With Quote