Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Web publishing business discussion > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-1999, 06:01 AM   #1
WildComputer

Cool Amazon Sales Down

Hi my last few reports have shown the Amazon 15% sales way down, although the 5% sales are roughly constant,

Is this just a fluke, or anybody else got this effect recently ? If yes, any ideas why.

------------------

WildComputer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-1999, 11:55 AM   #2
Max

Arrow

Maybe because those relatively new amazon.co.uk and amazon.de sites are groving fast. Europeans are buying stuff there instead. Gets cheaper when packages don't need to be shipped over the antlantic.
Just a thought... http://www.very-cool-stuff.com/ubb/smile.gif

PS.
amazon.co.uk and amazon.de have their own individual affiliate programs.
Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-1999, 01:04 PM   #3
Monkey
Pending Review

Cool

I was selling several books a week from my site about 1-2 months ago, but I have yet to sell a single thing in about three weeks, although the clicks to individual products has remained the same.

-Monkey

------------------
http://www.zone8.com/monkey -- The ultimate in dirty primate humor.
Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-1999, 01:22 PM   #4
WildComputer

Cool

That's it exactly Monkey, for the last 3 weeks I've sold like 1 or 2 direct links (15%) - and none this week, as compared to my usual (much higher) numbers.

The 5% traffic/sales is pretty normal

------------------

Old 12-01-1999, 02:34 PM   #5
TJ

Thumbs up

My Amazon.com sales have been way up over last year at the same time. I've had 303 items ordered for this quarter. I think holiday shopping online will be much higher this year. I've noticed alot of sales for toys and electronic items, although I only have direct links for books, videos, and cds.
Even if you don't use direct links, there are cgi programs (one is called Multicrawler I think) which will convert your book orders to the 15% instead of 5% when you use the search box on your site.
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-1999, 12:44 AM   #6
WildComputer

Cool

Not in my case - I have 90% US/Canada visitors - and am still sending the same number of clicks.

Have they changed the ordering process or something??

------------------

Old 12-05-1999, 12:47 AM   #7
Katharena

Cool

--->WildComputer
My 15% sales have actually increased, these past few reports. 5%'ers have gone through the roof, so to speak. As of November 30, I've had 506 sales for this quarter---and, there is still a month to go before the end of the quarter. http://www.very-cool-stuff.com/ubb/smile.gif

I thought Amazon was going to have 'live' reports...yet they seem to lag at least 3-4 days.

------------------
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.--Beckett
Pleasures of the Mind

Katharena is offline   Reply With Quote