Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Web publishing business discussion > YOUR SALES: geek/Marketplace > Website For Sale - Purchase - Barter - Trade
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2003, 07:40 PM   #1
liquidinternet

Default Highly Profitable Site, 12500 Members, Huge Traffic

Your name:

Brandon Trampe

URL of the site:

http://www.propaidemail.com

Age of site:

8.5 Months

Traffic Statistics (PageViews & Uniques ONLY):

For November...

Average Uniques Per Day = 11412
Aver Page Views Per Day = 16288

Your Email Address:

brandon@liquidinternet.biz

Gross and net revenue per month:

Average: $1655.77 Gross Revenue, $1161.22 Net Revenue

Other Pertinent Information:
ProPaidEmail is a 'Paid Email' website. It is probably one of the most profitable Paid Email sites in the market. ProPaidEmail has a sparkling reputation and has paid about $2700 out to members so far. I was able to dedicate 2-4 hours/day to this site during the month of August and profited over $2500. However, I have some new responsibilities and no longer have the time to run the website to its potential. I make money by selling email advertising and "Paid-To-Click" advertising. I also sell referrals on eBay. The other way I make money is through an embedded Focalex form, which generates about $150/month.

You'll receive the ProPaidEmail domain, professionally appraised at over $10,000. You'll also receive my complete Member Database of about 12500 Active Members. I delete 'inactive' membrrs and cheaters very regularly, so the database is very clean and very active. I would guess that I've deleted around 17000 members over the life of the site, so the ones you'll receive are the 'cream of the crop'. You'll also receive my owners account which has about 1400 first level referrals. I estimate that about 30% of these can be sold on eBay for an average of $2 each, which would generate you about $900. I also sell downlines on eBay, and based on past auctions I would guess that I have about $3000 worth of downlines left to sell.
The site receives quite a bit of traffic (11412 Uniques/Day), and has an Alexa Ranking of 9385.

As I said, I'm selling this site because I don't have the time to run it to its full potential right now. I have numerous ideas on how to increas revenue and profit but just don't have time for it right now. Here are some of the things you can add for more money.

1) PopUps -- I don't have any PopUps/Unders on the site right now, but I'm sure you guys know you can add those and make some good money with the number of Uniques I receive. Maybe $150/month or so from this(?) -- you guys would probably know better than me .

2) AdSense -- Haven't added an AdSense banner yet either.

3) Searches -- many Paid Email companies derive a lot of their income from sending traffic to search portals. I have only done this sparingly (maybe $100-$150 of my total revenue). I think you could easily add $300/month in revenue by adding searches. Please note that these searches can't be incentivized, as this will obviously get your PPC account deleted (as well as defrauding advertisers). You'll also get a special 'Paid Email' account with one search engine...I believe I am one of only two Paid Email sites to have this type of account.

4) You can also add more upgraded memberships (I only offer a Gold and a Pro Membership right now, most sites offer more). I believe this could generate another $200/month.

5) Text Links. You can add a TextLink box which could generate around $150/month (see MikesPaid4Email.com for example).

6) I only pay my members in cash right now, but you could start issuing points which can increase your profit and offer more options to advertisers.

7) You can offer more advertising options. I only offer options right now because I have to try to limit advertising due to my time constraints. If you offeres more and smaller packages (to attract advertises with limited budgets) you could add more revenue.

So, I'm guessing someone with time could add another $1100/month or so in revenue. Since most of these won't add to your costs, this could bring total profit to around $2200/month.

A couple of things I need to point out...

1) I will NOT allow the member database to be used for spamming. You can certainly send Email Advertisements to the membership, but you can't just use the database to spam members. You also cannot sell members' personal info. You may not delete all member earnings or their downlines. I care about my members and want them protected. The buyer will have to sign a written agreement which outlines these conditions.

2) This brings us to the one downfall of the site. There is money in member accounts that will need to be paid out to members eventually. However, there are no members that have
reached minimum payout that need to still be paid. You don't really owe any members until they have reached the minimum payout level. There are about 10 members within $25-$50 of $250 (the minimum payout level). However, I am going to pay these members some amount so the buyer will start with no members within $50 of payout. IN ADDITION to this, 10% of the proceeds from this sale will go to pay members. If my asking price is met, I could completely pay off these 10 members and more, so the new owner would not have to pay anybody for a long time (but I advise smaller periodic payout to keep members happy). The new owner would not have anybody within $100 of payout, and the members with the large downlines (who are the top earners) would be at close to $0 in earnings. So basically the site would become a pure profit generating machine for a few months.

3) One more thing...Hosting is $34.95/month on a shared server with 'unlimited' bandwidth.

4) Ooops, here's another thing I forgot...the buyer will be allowed to look over PayPal/StormPay/Etc Records for proof of income, and will be able to look over traffic data as well. I will also use Escrow. The buyer can also check out Alexa Rankings and closed eBay auction data to verify my numbers. I can also give you a link to my domain appraisal.

Because I believe the site could generate a huge profit for the new owner, I am setting my asking price at $35000. However, I will listen to any and all reasonable offers. The first offer of $35000 gets the site and everything that comes with it. I have done my best to accurately and completely describe the site, but PM me or email me at brandon@liquidinternet.biz if you have questions or offers, or post them in response to this thred. Mods, if I have done anything wrong in my listing please let me
know and I will fix it ASAP.

Thanks,
Brandon Trampe
Old 11-19-2003, 04:15 PM   #2
abendagar

Although, I feel your price is a little high, thanks for sharing many facts, make you seem like an honorable seller, would you be interested in a downpayment and than payments on the sale of your business?
Old 11-19-2003, 04:34 PM   #3
liquidinternet

Hello,

Yes, I may be interested in a down payment and then monthly (for example) payments thereafter. Like I said, I'm open to ALL creative offers so send me a PM or email and let's see if we can work something out -- that applies to all of you!

Please note that I did apply to AdSense yesterday and was rejected, so that can't be figured into the 'potential' site earnings any longer. I thought I should disclose that.

Thanks again,
Brandon
Old 11-19-2003, 11:25 PM   #4
LaNMaN
Member.

Default Re: Highly Profitable Site, 12500 Members, Huge Traffic

Quote:
Originally posted by liquidinternet
Your name:

Brandon Trampe

URL of the site:

http://www.propaidemail.com

Age of site:

8.5 Months

Traffic Statistics (PageViews & Uniques ONLY):

For November...

Average Uniques Per Day = 11412
Aver Page Views Per Day = 16288

Your Email Address:

brandon@liquidinternet.biz

Gross and net revenue per month:

Average: $1655.77 Gross Revenue, $1161.22 Net Revenue

Other Pertinent Information:
ProPaidEmail is a 'Paid Email' website. It is probably one of the most profitable Paid Email sites in the market. ProPaidEmail has a sparkling reputation and has paid about $2700 out to members so far. I was able to dedicate 2-4 hours/day to this site during the month of August and profited over $2500. However, I have some new responsibilities and no longer have the time to run the website to its potential. I make money by selling email advertising and "Paid-To-Click" advertising. I also sell referrals on eBay. The other way I make money is through an embedded Focalex form, which generates about $150/month.

You'll receive the ProPaidEmail domain, professionally appraised at over $10,000. You'll also receive my complete Member Database of about 12500 Active Members. I delete 'inactive' membrrs and cheaters very regularly, so the database is very clean and very active. I would guess that I've deleted around 17000 members over the life of the site, so the ones you'll receive are the 'cream of the crop'. You'll also receive my owners account which has about 1400 first level referrals. I estimate that about 30% of these can be sold on eBay for an average of $2 each, which would generate you about $900. I also sell downlines on eBay, and based on past auctions I would guess that I have about $3000 worth of downlines left to sell.
The site receives quite a bit of traffic (11412 Uniques/Day), and has an Alexa Ranking of 9385.

As I said, I'm selling this site because I don't have the time to run it to its full potential right now. I have numerous ideas on how to increas revenue and profit but just don't have time for it right now. Here are some of the things you can add for more money.

1) PopUps -- I don't have any PopUps/Unders on the site right now, but I'm sure you guys know you can add those and make some good money with the number of Uniques I receive. Maybe $150/month or so from this(?) -- you guys would probably know better than me .

2) AdSense -- Haven't added an AdSense banner yet either.

3) Searches -- many Paid Email companies derive a lot of their income from sending traffic to search portals. I have only done this sparingly (maybe $100-$150 of my total revenue). I think you could easily add $300/month in revenue by adding searches. Please note that these searches can't be incentivized, as this will obviously get your PPC account deleted (as well as defrauding advertisers). You'll also get a special 'Paid Email' account with one search engine...I believe I am one of only two Paid Email sites to have this type of account.

4) You can also add more upgraded memberships (I only offer a Gold and a Pro Membership right now, most sites offer more). I believe this could generate another $200/month.

5) Text Links. You can add a TextLink box which could generate around $150/month (see MikesPaid4Email.com for example).

6) I only pay my members in cash right now, but you could start issuing points which can increase your profit and offer more options to advertisers.

7) You can offer more advertising options. I only offer options right now because I have to try to limit advertising due to my time constraints. If you offeres more and smaller packages (to attract advertises with limited budgets) you could add more revenue.

So, I'm guessing someone with time could add another $1100/month or so in revenue. Since most of these won't add to your costs, this could bring total profit to around $2200/month.

A couple of things I need to point out...

1) I will NOT allow the member database to be used for spamming. You can certainly send Email Advertisements to the membership, but you can't just use the database to spam members. You also cannot sell members' personal info. You may not delete all member earnings or their downlines. I care about my members and want them protected. The buyer will have to sign a written agreement which outlines these conditions.

2) This brings us to the one downfall of the site. There is money in member accounts that will need to be paid out to members eventually. However, there are no members that have
reached minimum payout that need to still be paid. You don't really owe any members until they have reached the minimum payout level. There are about 10 members within $25-$50 of $250 (the minimum payout level). However, I am going to pay these members some amount so the buyer will start with no members within $50 of payout. IN ADDITION to this, 10% of the proceeds from this sale will go to pay members. If my asking price is met, I could completely pay off these 10 members and more, so the new owner would not have to pay anybody for a long time (but I advise smaller periodic payout to keep members happy). The new owner would not have anybody within $100 of payout, and the members with the large downlines (who are the top earners) would be at close to $0 in earnings. So basically the site would become a pure profit generating machine for a few months.

3) One more thing...Hosting is $34.95/month on a shared server with 'unlimited' bandwidth.

4) Ooops, here's another thing I forgot...the buyer will be allowed to look over PayPal/StormPay/Etc Records for proof of income, and will be able to look over traffic data as well. I will also use Escrow. The buyer can also check out Alexa Rankings and closed eBay auction data to verify my numbers. I can also give you a link to my domain appraisal.

Because I believe the site could generate a huge profit for the new owner, I am setting my asking price at $35000. However, I will listen to any and all reasonable offers. The first offer of $35000 gets the site and everything that comes with it. I have done my best to accurately and completely describe the site, but PM me or email me at brandon@liquidinternet.biz if you have questions or offers, or post them in response to this thred. Mods, if I have done anything wrong in my listing please let me
know and I will fix it ASAP.

Thanks,
Brandon Trampe
You should indicate how much you currently owe members. The problem with many of these "paid-to" sites is that they generally have HUGE liabilities in terms of unpaid member earnings. Your listing is one of the most up-front and complete that I have seen on GeekVillage and I am very surprised that you ommitted this important detail.
Old 11-20-2003, 01:30 AM   #5
liquidinternet

Hello,

I thought I pretty thoroughly described that in my listing (under "A Couple of Things to Point Out #2"), but I apologize if I wasn't specefic enough.

If you consider money owed to be what is owed to members that have reached minimum payout, then there is zero debt. This is the money that is actually currently required to be paid to members, and the current amount of it is zero.

As I stated in my previous listing, there are 10 members within $25-$50 of minimum payout ($50). These members will be paid a portion of their earnings prior to sale, and 10% of the site sale proceeds will also be used to pay these members. The new owner of the site will then get a site with no members within $50 of payout, and, if the site fetches my asking price, no members within $100 of payout. The owner will be able to generate plenty of profit before he actually pays anyone. ProPaidEmail is possibly the premier 'high-payout' Paid To site. We have a very high profit margin, as evidenced by our revenue and profit figures, but we also pay out a lot of money out to members so we have a sparkling reputation and a happy member base.

I hope this has adequately answered your question. If not, let me know and I will try to answer as best I can.

Thanks again,
Brandon
Old 11-20-2003, 06:27 AM   #6
abendagar

How many of your advertisiers are "repeat" advertisers?

Are you the first owner?

Last edited by abendagar; 11-20-2003 at 06:29 AM.
Old 11-20-2003, 02:55 PM   #7
liquidinternet

Hello,

Yes, I am the first and only owner.

I sorted through my PayPal records, which accounts for roughly 80% of advertising sales, and here are the numbers I came up with.

255 Total Advertisers
83 Advertisers Have Bought 2+ Times
20 Advertisers Have Bought 5+ Times from ProPaidEmail
10 Advertisers Have Bought 10+ Times from ProPaidEmail

These numbers aren't exact as they don't account for all sales, but they should give you a pretty fair idea.

Many of the repeat advertisers, expecially those that have bought 5+ ads, will buy the majority of the time they are presented with an "Advertising Special" from ProPaidEmail. I have done only very minimal 'advertising' for advertisers, and, as stated in my orignal post, I have limited the advertising options as to limit sales since I do not have time to fulfill all of the orders. I also have 3-5 advertisers that pay me on a subscription basis through StormPay, so those would be considered repeat advertisers. I also have one that pays me a lot through E-Gold. You will have good success emailing past advertisers with "Advertising Specials" as they are generally very satisfied with their ROI.

I hope this answered your question. If you have any more questions feel free to post a reply, send me a PM, or email me at brandon@liquidinternet.biz.

Thanks,
Brandon

Edited because I read what I wrote and it confused me! I hope it is clearer now.

Last edited by liquidinternet; 11-20-2003 at 02:57 PM.
Old 12-01-2003, 01:50 PM   #8
liquidinternet

Hi All,

Just a quick update here...

1) The stats I presented in my first post were Webalizer stats. I read in other threads that Webalizer over-counts visits so I added an Extreme-Dm tracker. Suprisingly, the Extreme-Dm tracker is showing a higher visitor count than Webalizer...18448 Daily Unique on average. I put the tracker on the two files that users see...my header file, which is on all the regular pages, and my timer file, which is on the pages users see when they click 'paid links'. I'm not sure if having it on both pages results in an overcount, or if it is needed to get an accurate visitor count (as I assumed). But anyway, that's the deal, so now you know more about my visitor stats You can go to propaidemail.com and click the Extreme-Dm tracker if you'd like to see the stats for yourself.

2) I partially paid off two of the members that were nearing payout and will completely pay off the member nearest payout soon. This will make the site even MORE profitable for you.

3) I need to move the site soon because I am starting a new venture very, very soon. I'll listen to all offers above $5000. The first offer of $10000 gets the site.

Please PM me or email me at brandon@liquidinternet.biz ASAP.

Thanks,
Brandon
Old 12-01-2003, 09:33 PM   #9
jplamb

I'm interested...

I have a question, if you have 18,000+ uniques a day how come
you only have 12,500 members?
Old 12-01-2003, 10:25 PM   #10
liquidinternet

Hello,

All I can say is that I suppose I don't convert as well as I could Many a new site owner could add some good marketing text to the page and convert at a much higher rate.

I would estimate the probably 30000 members have signed up in total, but I delete the inactives and the cheaters to keep a clean database.

Other than that, I'm not really sure how to answer your question. You can log in to my Extreme-DM tracker to see for yourself all of the traffic info that I have.

If you have any more questions or concerns just let me know and I'll try to answer them the best I can.

Thanks,
Brandon
Old 12-01-2003, 11:20 PM   #11
jplamb

Looking at your counter it seems a lot of your traffic comes from auto surf sites including cashhits.com and makelinks.com so that would probably explain why there are so many uniques with a low conversion rate. You also have 50.39% unresolved IPs (probably mainly from places like China that just don't resolve) and only 30% .com/.net traffic so it seems like the majoriy of those uniques are those junk autosurf programs. The rest of the hits seem to be coming from a php script called runner.php on a bunch of sites (such as clixmonster, mikespaid4email, jays-paidmail, earncash4email), I don't know if that's an autosurf one too but I'd guess it is?

How many uniques do you get a day without the autosurf programs? How much are you spending monthly on the autosurf traffic?
Old 12-02-2003, 01:02 AM   #12
liquidinternet

Hello,

I understand that some of the traffic is 'autosurf', but I don't believe it is to the degree that you seem to imply.

The visits from CashHits are AutoSurf hits. According to my tracker, this accounts for 6.58% if I'm interpreting it correctly. However, beyond this I can't say that I'd be justified in concluding
that any more of my traffic is AutoSurf.

The 'runner.php' visitors are from sites like Jays-PaidMail, MikesPaid4Email etc. These are sites that ProPaidEmail is advertised on. The runner.php file is the file in which 'Paid Ads' are displayed when the Paid Email program runs Cash Crusader scripts (like mine). So all of that traffic is a person clicking on a link at another Paid Email program...and since I run a Paid Email program I consider that to be pretty good traffic, targetted towards people that are interested in my site.

MakoLinks is a manual traffic exchange ASFAIK so that isn't junk traffic either. At lease that is what I paid for so I hope that is what I'm getting

A lot of my traffic is international as many of my site members are from foreign countries. I don't see how "You also have 50.39% unresolved IPs (probably mainly from places like China that just don't resolve) and only 30% .com/.net traffic" makes you think that they are from an AutoSurf site.

I've never spent a single penny on AutoSurf traffic (unless MakoLinks is sending me AutoSurf traffic), as it doesn't seem like a good investment for me. All of the traffic you see (minus MakoLinks) is the result of my members advertising ProPaidEmail to gain referrals.

As the only AutoSurf traffic I can see is from Ca****s, which is 6.48% (I think), I would have to estimate that I get about 17252 daily unique visitors from non-autosurf methods ((1-.0648)*18448).

As far as I can tell, over 90% of my site's traffic is from non-auto
surf sources rather than "the majority" as you say.

I'm trying to be as honest as possible about this sale. I've given you open access to my traffic stats, and I'm not sure how I can be more up front than that. I don't appreciate the implication that I may be trying to inflate traffic stats to deceive a buyer, if that is what you are in fact implying. If not, then I sincerely apologize for the accusation.

Let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Thanks again,
Brandon
Old 12-07-2003, 10:56 PM   #13
liquidinternet

SOLD
Closed Thread