Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2000, 06:40 AM   #1
singloon

GeekGuide

Unhappy efront.com vs luna network

I thought i'd start a new thread as the topic is slightly different from what started in the other thread.

okay i got the initial offer from efront.com but it's for acquiringALL of my sites not just my anime related sites .... this is confusing and there's lots to think about since i also have the option of signing About.com's Luna Network contract for only my anime related sites, which i have received the contract and read over.
[*] With efront.com's offer looking at the cash component paid over 36 months it pales in comparison to what i would be eventually be making with Luna Network for just my anime sites alone ! (NOT ALL my sites like in efront.com case)
- with Luna i would on average make 2 - 8 times more per month based on pageviews on all my anime related sites and i would retain ownership of my sites.
- but then the effective CPM rate with Luna Network can fluctuate and ain't a minimum guarantee like with efront.com. [*] With Luna Network they have given me a 22% increase on average on the CPM rates they first quoted to me when i was first contacted by them.[*] With efront.com i supposedly get peace of mind on the server hardware and resources i need to do what i need to do (i do want to see my sites succeed even if i loose ownership http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif)[*] Efront.com's share option component is very highly priced per share, as someone mentioned earlier in this post, probably too unrealistically high and the IPO may never happen ( earlier posts made in July 2000 said 3 - 4 months from then - sometime first quarter next year ? restrictions of sale of share options ? don't know since i haven't see a contract yet.[*] just confused i think right now...

i also got this email from a company called WORD from the UK directed at my eva2000.com site - http://geekvillage.com/ubb/Forum4/HTML/003687.html but since i have no ad rep or sales it's a wonder why they contacted me ? http://geekvillage.com/ubb/confused.gif

------------------
Australian Evangelion
singloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2000, 07:06 AM   #2
emmzee
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Unhappy

In a couple days I should be able to give you a bit more info on Luna network, since this'll be the end of my first month with them. Of course, because of the non-disclosure agreement I won't be able to give specifics, but I'll be able to say whether I'm "happy" or not. http://geekvillage.com/ubb/wink.gif So stay tuned ...

Personally, I'd never sign with eFront because I want to keep ownership/control over my sites at all times. I had been contacted by other networks before (including a large gaming network) but they all wanted me to either give them control of my site or change the sites design to match theirs. Luna doesn't force you to do that which is one of the reasons I went with them.

------------------
Darren Hewer
webmaster, www.dosgames.com & www.potofgold.org
dosgames.com is back! Visit for over 200 freeware/shareware DOS games.
"Some people have a way with words, while others ... uhhhhh ... thingy."
emmzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2000, 07:16 AM   #3
singloon

GeekGuide

Unhappy

thanks darren, but isn't Luna net 30 days ? or do you mean the report of your banner impressions will be coming soon ?

any other comments, advice etc regarding the initial question is appreciated http://geekvillage.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

------------------
Australian Evangelion
Old 09-27-2000, 07:34 PM   #4
emmzee
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Unhappy

You're correct, payment is net 30 days but I should be receiving my impressions/revenue report after the end of the month ... so assuming About.com doesn't try to ***** me out of payment somehow I should know then whether or not the deal is worthwhile. Here's hoping that I'll be pleased ... http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
Darren Hewer
webmaster, www.dosgames.com & www.potofgold.org
dosgames.com is back! Visit for over 200 freeware/shareware DOS games.
"Some people have a way with words, while others ... uhhhhh ... thingy."
emmzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2000, 10:53 PM   #5
singloon

GeekGuide

Unhappy

thanks... well i still haven't made my mind up yet Luna vs efront... the cash component needs to be a better and i have to know what will my sites be hosted on exactly...

------------------
Australian Evangelion