Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2001, 08:18 PM   #1
StickSuicide

Default Ads on network sites?

I will be (hopefully) starting a network for flash animation sites, much like my own (sticksuicide.com). What I want to do is allow sites that deserve better ad rates to get them. With a network, traffic will be no problem. Content will be pretty much the same throught the network. Right now, I use GorillaNation and am very satisfied, but I cannot resell ads. I want to know of any ad networks that allow reselling of ads or ads to be placed over a network of sites. CPM is preferred. Thanks!
StickSuicide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2001, 08:55 PM   #2
Czar

Webmaster

Your best bet is to start with a direct-selling base, perhaps targeting small design houses, software firms, etc - with some targeted affiliate banners (Amazon.com, etc) thrown into the rotation as filler inventory.

As you expand, start approaching the various banner ad networks via phone to inquire as to whether any of these have excess remnant inventory (many have been booking low-low-ball CPM campaigns lately with almost inifinite impression caps as long as a certain CTR is maintained). This won't generate huge returns for yourself or your network, but it will give you the freedom to balance your rotation with a variety of campaign types and payment models.

Direct-selling to advertisers will be the key to achieving decent returns, though.

HTH

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed and Facebook Page to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2001, 10:40 PM   #3
StickSuicide

Good point, but I want (need actually) something that requires less time and effort. I'm just looking for something to help out sites like mine that deserve better. I'm not really in it to make money, of course it would be nice to
StickSuicide is offline   Reply With Quote